Windows 10: Problem adding 2nd ssd

Discus and support Problem adding 2nd ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ssd for my boot drive, trying to add a 2nd ssd. The ssd is ok tested it externally with a USB adapter, but when I install it to my pc, it’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Problem adding 2nd ssd

I have an ssd for my boot drive, trying to add a 2nd ssd. The ssd is ok tested it externally with a USB adapter, but when I install it to my pc, it’s not showing in the bios or windows.

tried known power supply and Sata lead, but still not showing.

any ideas please

:)

reddwarf4ever, Feb 24, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

How to view 2nd drive?

as suggested by Steve (enssenbe). Open Admin Command Prompt and type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk

is your SSD listed ?

topgundcp, Feb 24, 2019
  3. adding 2nd SSD

hey guys/gals
    so i am little rusty at this. i bought a 2nd SSD drive and connected in my pc. bios is recognizing it but when i go to windows in under my computer i can only see my 1st. what do I have to do to make it available? I do not want to format my 1st drive though.
    thank you

atanas dimitrov, Feb 24, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem adding 2nd ssd

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Problem adding 2nd ssd

1. Problem adding 2nd ssd - Similar Threads - Problem adding 2nd

2. 2nd monitor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor problem: I have my laptop XPS 15 connected to LG ultragear monitor. All was well and fine at the beginning when it came to display options duplicate these displays, extend these displays, show only on 1, show only on 2.I primarily use the extended display option. Earlier, I needed the...
  3. 2nd monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor problem: I have my laptop XPS 15 connected to LG ultragear monitor. All was well and fine at the beginning when it came to display options duplicate these displays, extend these displays, show only on 1, show only on 2.I primarily use the extended display option. Earlier, I needed the...
  4. Adding 2nd SSD and dcp_watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding 2nd SSD and dcp_watchdog_violation: My girlfriend has an Hp Pavilion x360 convertible. I don’t have it in front of me so I am unsure of the exact model number. But it was having issues with freezing when doing simple tasks. The ssd it came with was only a little over 100 gb and had less than 5gb of free space....
  5. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop: I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB partition "F" which is "Unallocated". It is my intention to run my old 32 bit W 7 OS on partition "F" but when I try to...
  6. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop: I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB partition "F" which is "Unallocated". It is my intention to run my old 32 bit W 7 OS on partition "F" but when I try to...
  7. Bitlock adding 2nd drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlock adding 2nd drive: Hello, I have a laptop which is bit locked. I do not have the bit locker key or password, but I have a 6 digit PIN. I can start the laptop successfully with the pin and login to Windows 10. If I add a 2nd internal hard drive, which is say already formatted to FAT32, or...
  8. New SSD added

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD added: Clone the windows drive or fresh installation of Windows in Windows 10.....which one is best???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-added/54c41e59-c688-4551-b1fa-d17a47349518
  9. adding an SSD Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding an SSD Disk: Hi, I have windows installed on my 1TB HDD, now I wanted to extend the capacity of my pc by installing an 500GB M.2 Sata SSD. After the Hardware was installed in the PC, the bios won't recognize my HDD anymore. If I remove the SSD, it recognize it again. I tried all...
  10. Adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding an SSD: Hi everyone, haven't posted anything in a long while. Although I haven't got a problem per se, more of a technical question - I would like to add an SSD to my workstation that has a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard but I'm not sure it's possible. I essentially would like to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding 2nd ssd boot error