Windows 10: Problem Adding Device

Discus and support Problem Adding Device in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Split from this thread. when I try to download forza street from my windows 10 pro -pc . a tab popped on that i have to connect a device but when i... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by riteshdesai_477, May 3, 2020.

1. Problem Adding Device

Split from this thread.​

when I try to download forza street from my windows 10 pro -pc . a tab popped on that i have to connect a device but when i try to add a device my PC it gives my instructions to go to my account>your info>and thenselect sign in with Microsoft instead.please help me .

:)

riteshdesai_477, May 3, 2020
  2. Nosx Win User

Change the way new devices are added to the Devices and Drives list

Hopefully this is in the correct place, but I am sure a mod will move it if it is not so with that being said:

By default, anytime a new devices is added to the system (a phone connected via USB for example) the icon for that device is placed in the first position in the Devices and Drives list under This PC.

This behavior is really annoying because it pushes all the other icons that were already in the list to the next position in the list which totally messes with my muscle memory when navigating within the folder.

A simple fix for this issue is to make it so that any device added to the system is added to the END of the list as is shown in the attached image and the way it was done in previous versions of Windows. This way, all icons stay in their default position in the list and all is well in the universe.

The question of course is how to achieve the desired result either by some registry hack or by changing some hidden menu setting from explorer or some other method entirely.

This is where you fine folks come in with your infinite wisdom to save the day and I thank you for your time and replies in advance.

Problem Adding Device [​IMG]

(The default view before any device is added to the system ... homeostasis achieved)

(After a device has been added to the system.... Annoying +1)

(Desired result .... Peace on Earth)

Nosx, May 3, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 3, 2020
  4. Problem Adding Device

Adding an output device

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your pc prior to this issue?
    2. What is the make and model of the Bluetooth Speaker?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below, to fix issues with Bluetooth speaker and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try the following steps, to add and use Bluetooth device on your computer.
    Refer the following article for steps to connect Bluetooth device.

Method 2: Set Bluetooth speaker as
    Default Playback device
    . Refer the following article under
    set default device
    and check if that helps.

Method 3: If you are still facing issues with getting audio output from your Bluetooth speaker, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to
    fix Bluetooth problems
    on your pc.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Problem Adding Device

1. Problem Adding Device - Similar Threads - Problem Adding Device

2. Problem of adding Bluetooth audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem of adding Bluetooth audio device: Problem: No option in shown to allow for adding Bluetooth audio device. Only shows the bellowing “screenshot”For this, every time needs removing pair device and adds device newly....
  3. problem with adding blutooth device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with adding blutooth device.: I have removed my mouse unconciously.I cant find that now.. please help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-adding-blutooth-device/b4cdf6fc-d4fc-4208-ba51-6a08cdf92f01
  4. problem with adding blutooth device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with adding blutooth device.: I have removed my mouse unconciously.I cant find that now.. please help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-adding-blutooth-device/b4cdf6fc-d4fc-4208-ba51-6a08cdf92f01
  5. problem with adding blutooth device.

6. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Device: How to add iphone 6 as device in my mircosoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-device/0aed1d9a-e1ba-46c5-8754-c05c7d5c1469
  7. Adding devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding devices: I have a Microsoft account allowing me to register up to 5 devices. I have 3 registered. I am trying to register another 2 but I'm getting the message that the system is not recognizing their serial numbers. What can I do?ThanksJerry...
  8. Adding a device

Adding a device: I had no problem connecting my TV to my Surface, then the Surface no longer "sees" the TV when trying to add a device. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device/f163f0c0-dfd6-46d6-9dea-da6700bcd9dd
  9. Adding Device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Device: I want to download whiteboard. I have added my laptop to Microsoft by going to my accounts and logging in into Microsoft. But when I try to download whiteboard, it says my device is not listed and suggests me to do things which I actually did....
  10. Having problems adding a Bluetooth audio device

Having problems adding a Bluetooth audio device: I keep having an issue with adding my bluetooth headset to my Windows 10 laptop. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/having-problems-adding-a-bluetooth-audio-device/52dd9a11-e9b5-4557-8e45-d59acfd1e6a7