Windows 10: Problem adding more time in Family Safety

Discus and support Problem adding more time in Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son has his own windows 10 PC and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JayvieHarrison, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Problem adding more time in Family Safety

My son has his own windows 10 PC and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of days ago. I have removed all blocks, we've rebooted all devices and even tried removing him from the family and then adding him back, but when he tries to login he gets "Time's up! This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time. You need to ask an adult if you want more time today." He is unable to send a request for more time because "Something went wrong We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the internet?" and yes, we are connected to the internet Clicking "my parent is here" brings up a choice of "Grant more screen time" yes / no. Clicking yes brings up "An error has occurred Since you are an administrator on this device, you'll need to send a request for more screen time." Clicking switch users or turn off PC takes us back to the login page and my son is the only user on the computer. If we click control/alt/delete and go to the task manager from the "Time's up" page, it goes right back to the "Time's up" page. Because we are not able to login to the computer, we are not able to add users, switch administrative privileges to an adult, or run the troubleshooter. Any ideas on how to fix this?

[Original Title: I Have the same problem...HELP]

:)

JayvieHarrison, Apr 4, 2021

2. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Adding phone to Family Safety

If you haven't used Family Safety before, you can skip this step. If you already use Family Safety, you'll see a screen where you need to match each Windows account to a name on the Family Safety members list.
    If a Windows account doesn't have a matching Family Safety name, click the option to add it.

You'll recognize the people listed on the Family Safety members list as the people in your family who already use Family Safety. When you match them to their Windows accounts, you're verifying for Family Safety that each person is matched to their own correct
    settings. For example, if your child's name is Ben, he might have a Windows account named Ben but be listed in the Family Safety members list as Ben Miller. By matching the accounts, you tell Family Safety that this is the same person.

If there's a Windows account on the computer for someone who hasn't used Family Safety before, you'll see them at the bottom of the list. When you click Add (person's name), Family Safety creates a new Family Safety
    membership for them with their Windows account name.

Problem adding more time in Family Safety [​IMG]

You can match your existing Family Safety settings to your Windows accounts...

Add passwords...

It's important that all of your Windows accounts have passwords. If you have an account without a password, your kids could log on to that account and bypass their Family Safety settings.

If the Windows accounts you're setting up to monitor don't have passwords, click Add passwords.

If you have guest accounts on your computer, you should turn them off because kids can also use them to bypass safety settings.

Verify your setup...

Click Next and you'll see the Windows accounts that Family Safety is now monitoring on the computer.

Problem adding more time in Family Safety [​IMG]

See the Windows accounts that are being monitored and what their settings are.

Jody.Brown, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Problem adding more time in Family Safety

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Problem adding more time in Family Safety

1. Problem adding more time in Family Safety - Similar Threads - Problem adding more

2. Problem adding my child to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem adding my child to Family Safety: Hello, I cannot add one of my children to Family Safety. I've tried both the site and the app. I can do the procedure for my other child, but it doesn't work for my daughter. I keep getting an error code one of them is rlEgloq/ikiyYilo.100.237 as if they had noticed some...
  3. Problem adding my child to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem adding my child to Family Safety: Hello, I cannot add one of my children to Family Safety. I've tried both the site and the app. I can do the procedure for my other child, but it doesn't work for my daughter. I keep getting an error code one of them is rlEgloq/ikiyYilo.100.237 as if they had noticed some...
  4. Problem adding my child to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  6. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  7. problem with family safety

problem with family safety: Good morning, My daughter accidentally get out of my family safety account. When I try to add her again its telling me that she is already in one family... So in my account she is not in my family but I can't add her, in her account she is still in my family but she can't get...
  8. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  9. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  10. Family Safety - Ask for more time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family Safety - Ask for more time: Dear reader, I was wondering about the following: I blocked an app on my daughter's own account. When she wants to use the app she has to ask for permission. On my phone I get a notification from the Family Safety app and an e-mail. Perfect! They both ask me how much time...