Windows 10: Problem adding my son to my family group

Discus and support Problem adding my son to my family group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Madhukarbose7619, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Problem adding my son to my family group

Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an invitation to his Outlook account to join my family group. When he tries joining the family group using the link in the invitation, he gets a message saying he is already part of another family group which he must first leave.However when I look at which family group he's part of, I can't find any. On the Outlook home page when I use the left hand menu to look at which groups he's part of, it says "you have not joined any groups yet". So- in short, I

:)

Madhukarbose7619, Feb 19, 2022

2. Family Group membership removed by Son

UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when they couldn't resolve the issue. Funny that!

Here is the exact problem:

From the task bar the child (Family Group member) can access Windows Security then Family Options then View Family Settings and click on 'Leave family group' and it's game over as far as the parent is concerned. They can also enter 'Manage permissions'
    and turn off letting the account organisers in the family from seeing their devices, their activity and their location, which is academic if they can simply leave the group. The family user can access the same 'backdoor' by logging into their Microsoft account
    and following the same steps. Try it yourself when your minor is next logged in. It does not take a genius to find this. Total rubbish.

Standard Users or child account users should not have access to Windows Security features other than virus scanning. Security permissions should only be accessible by the administrator otherwise what is the point!?

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

SteveMarsh4, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Microsoft family problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say ‘I re-connect the account’, did you re-add the account to the Family group on the website or add the user account on the PC?
    • Did you check the system time to see if it has been set correctly?

This issue can occur if some of the settings are not working as expected.

Let us try these methods to check if that helps.

A: Suggest you to
    remove the child account from the Family group account. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account.

I would also like to inform you that if you have added the account as a child again (if not, add the account as child), try to set up screen time and then turn it off.

B: Once it is done, you can
    add the child account to the Family group. After adding the account, have your child sign in to the PC. Refer to the steps under the section ‘Add
    an existing child account on your PC to your family group’.

Article for Reference.

Setup and manage your Family

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 19, 2022
  4. EdTittel Win User

Problem adding my son to my family group

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Why not set up an admin account with documented password, add it to the family group? Then you can take your account out, and still have (or leave) an admin/family group access account available. Just a thought/suggestion...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

Problem adding my son to my family group

1. Problem adding my son to my family group - Similar Threads - Problem adding son

2. I can not add my son to a family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not add my son to a family group: I already tried all forum discussions and FAQ links. Also had already 3 online support chat Xbox and 365. Nothing works.Where I try to add my son we got this error:"We’ve detected some unusual activity. Wait to resend the invite.If you need help, please share the error...
  3. Can't add my son to my family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  4. Can't add my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  5. Can't add my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe: My son is in a wrong Family Groupe. We don´t know the Family Administrator of this wrong Groupe and he does not answer an my request do "release" my son out of his family.How can I get him out of this family groupe? I have read all faqs an chatted already with the 365 Office...
  7. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe: My son is in a wrong Family Groupe. We don´t know the Family Administrator of this wrong Groupe and he does not answer an my request do "release" my son out of his family.How can I get him out of this family groupe? I have read all faqs an chatted already with the 365 Office...
  8. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Problem adding my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem adding my son to my family group: Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an invitation to his Outlook account to join my family group. When he tries joining the family group using the link in the...
  10. Problem adding my son to my family group

Problem adding my son to my family group: Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an invitation to his Outlook account to join my family group. When he tries joining the family group using the link in the...