Windows 10: Problem adding work account to my user account

Discus and support Problem adding work account to my user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It worked a couple days ago, but I had to do a restore. Now, when I try to modify my account settings (Settings>Accounts>Your Account>Add work or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wildhare, Aug 16, 2015.

1. wildhare Win User

Problem adding work account to my user account

It worked a couple days ago, but I had to do a restore. Now, when I try to modify my account settings (Settings>Accounts>Your Account>Add work or school account) it connects to my work to complete the sign in, but instead of getting a confirmation, I get a screen with nothing more than "#" as my message. I am attaching a picture. Of course, on my account page, it doesn't show as a connection.

I can successfully navigate to my company's sharepoint and do work, etc. So I suspect a problem/issue on my PC. I just upgraded to Windows 10 about 6 days ago.

:)

wildhare, Aug 16, 2015
  2. MrPaulK Win User

Office 365/Azure AD login to Windows 10-account doesn't persist across signouts/restarts

I've setup Windows 10 by joining it to an Azure AD/Office 365 account and signed into Windows 10 with the Azure AD/O365 account. The problem is when an additional account is added to the machine (a Microsoft Account/Live/Consumer), the Azure AD/Office 365
    user account doesn't show on the lockscreen. The accounts tied to a Microsoft Account Consumer ID are listed, but the Azure AD user account can only be logged into by clicking "Other User" and typing the full email and password. It remains on the lock screen
    until the user signs out or restarts the machine.

My employees hate typing their full work email and password in every time they sign into their machine and I want them to be able to use their PIN/Windows Hello to login to Windows 10. What can I do?

MrPaulK, Aug 16, 2015
  3. dna86 Win User
    Windows 10 email and calendar apps failing to start

I solved the problem by logging into another user account on the computer, then deleting my account and adding it back. This started me out clean and mail and calendar now work.

dna86, Aug 16, 2015
  4. wildhare Win User

Today, I observed that if I attempt to navigate to the company sharepoint through Edge, I get this same "#" message when I attempt to sign in. If I use Internet Explorer, it works fine.

I've given up on "adding" the work account. Our company uses Okta, and perhaps it's a lack of support for Edge (hypothesis) causing the problem. The fact I can use IE and have no issues is enough for me.

wildhare, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem adding work account to my user account - Similar Threads - Problem adding account

2. Problem with my user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with my user account: I'm not entirely sure under what category my question goes or how to name it.So I once tried, to find a way to login without a password. It was a bit ago and I don't remember what exactly I did. Now, I still have the same account, but when i boot my PC up, I get two account...
  3. Problem adding user with Company Account

Problem adding user with Company Account: I have set up many laptops for my users for Personal use for various reasons. When I created user accounts I have used local ones. I have just started to use our Microsoft 365 accounts and have encountered a problem.On PC1 I created an account named NB@<our domain> with no...
  4. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem adding user with Company Account: I have set up many laptops for my users for Personal use for various reasons. When I created user accounts I have used local ones. I have just started to use our Microsoft 365 accounts and have encountered a problem.On PC1 I created an account named NB@<our domain> with no...
  5. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  7. Adding windows user accounts

Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  8. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add an account to device A from device B? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-windows-user-accounts/228cb889-494c-4828-981e-fb1fce5796f2
  9. Problems with adding a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with adding a new user account: Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please wait" and "We're sorting it" messages the new user desktop opens with a message saying there is not enough disk space -...
  10. problem with adding account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    problem with adding account: hey, I can't add a microsoft account on my windows 10 pc, the window simply does not show up, i trying literally everything, so, can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-adding-account/b9cd8095-d73d-47ce-a623-901ff3373b2e