Windows 10: Problem after changing motherboard

Discus and support Problem after changing motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I recently had to change my motherboard, as it got fried, because of a blackout in my house, and after changing, I couldn't reactivate my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by christerPA, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Problem after changing motherboard

Hello

I recently had to change my motherboard, as it got fried, because of a blackout in my house, and after changing, I couldn't reactivate my windows, please help

I got my windows 10 through the free update promotion, that was running a while back.

:)

christerPA, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Dec 31, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem after changing motherboard

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Problem after changing motherboard

1. Problem after changing motherboard - Similar Threads - Problem changing motherboard

2. Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change: Hi, i recently changed my motherboard to a msi z590 and when i try to open windows it gets to the login screen and says pin not available. My ethernet is plugged in and the lights on the motherboard indicate its working fine. I tried typing in my password which i know for a...
  3. Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change: Hi, i recently changed my motherboard to a msi z590 and when i try to open windows it gets to the login screen and says pin not available. My ethernet is plugged in and the lights on the motherboard indicate its working fine. I tried typing in my password which i know for a...
  4. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change: I have had windows 10 all my life and had no issues. But as soon as I swapped to a new motherboard, I now see the Activate Windows option in the bottom right. I have tried methods like Registry Editor and Command Prompt and they didn't work. My computer is the exact same as...
  5. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change: I have had windows 10 all my life and had no issues. But as soon as I swapped to a new motherboard, I now see the Activate Windows option in the bottom right. I have tried methods like Registry Editor and Command Prompt and they didn't work. My computer is the exact same as...
  6. Reactivation Problem after Motherboard Change

Reactivation Problem after Motherboard Change: I have upgraded my motherboard. So now I have to reactivate my windows 10. I have a digital license and I can see the device on my microsoft account. But when I am trying to reactivate using troubleshooter its not finding any device associated with my account. What could...
  7. After Motherboard change

After Motherboard change: Hi all, I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and now windows thinks I don't have my key anymore. I never got an email containing the key, where can I find it?...
  8. Windows 10 activation problems after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 activation problems after motherboard change: So basically I have talked to Microsoft twice. A while ago my hard drive broke and my cousin bought Windows 8.1 for me and gave a new hard drive with windows 8.1 on it. Eventually I upgraded to Windows 10. Recently I changed my motherboard and processor. Now I can't activate...
  9. windows reactivate problem after changing motherboard

windows reactivate problem after changing motherboard: hi guys..can someone help me ? i recently change my motherboard and my windows cant reactivate using trouble shooter from activation tab. is there any solution for this? my windows version is 1803 build 17134.48 . thanks before 111304
  10. Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver: Hi guys shortly after installing 10 my motherboard died (graphics failure). It was old, an Asus P7H55-E. I had an almost identical board, a P7H55-M that I was using in a spare PC so decided to swap that in, so I kept the same hardware and CPU from my original rig. It...