Windows 10: Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020

Discus and support Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear The window was updated on 18 October 2020. The first thing was That firefox was not working, Its shows that "Already firefox is running, its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Javed IqbalKhan Khattak, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020

Dear

The window was updated on 18 October 2020.

The first thing was That firefox was not working, Its shows that "Already firefox is running, its not responding" Something like that

Besides that The Bar "Type here to search" is also not showing anything.

When I checked on startup the "Setting" None of the options like "window update" is not working.

Don't have any other option, the rest of the system is properly working

Best regards

:)

Javed IqbalKhan Khattak, Oct 18, 2020

2. Up date problem

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please get back to us. We will be happy to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020

Minor feature suggestion - add Build date to About screen

I suggest adding build date - in Windows short date format, such as 03/12/17, 12.03.17/etc - to the About screen of GPU-Z, the way many other programs have this.

For example, see how Core Temp does it (I suggested same to that program's author, so he added it):

Thema:

Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020

1. Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020 - Similar Threads - Problem last date

2. Problems after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after last Windows update: After the last Windows 11 update, all the icons on my desktop stopped working. How can I get them to work again. I am a computer idiot and know very little about how they work...
  3. Problems after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after last Windows update: After the last Windows 11 update, all the icons on my desktop stopped working. How can I get them to work again. I am a computer idiot and know very little about how they work...
  4. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help on Oct 2020 update confusion: Hi yesterday October 18, I had to do the update and restart my laptop, which took over an hour for it to complete. But today after signing into my laptop, this appeared in my power button and now I am concerned that maybe yesterday's update and restart didn't work as it...
  5. BSOD after update on 17 April 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update on 17 April 2020: Have had a few BSOD problems for last month after windows updates. A hard reset helped for a bit...but after 17th April I cant get past BSOD. Now just get blurred login screen. Various errors, like: Page fault in non paged area Kernel security check failure System...
  6. Problem after last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after last Update: Hi, After updating the las version of Windows 10 was automatically updated, my desktop freezes everytime i turn on the computer. My laptop is fairly new and had worked well until this episode. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks...
  7. problems after last update

problems after last update: After last update my computer volume, windows task bar, edge, start button, cortona,,,among other items I can't access such as my control panal..!!! how do I fix it???...
  8. problems after last update

problems after last update: Hi, I got my PC updated lately and now have alot of problems. Sleep button disapeared, power settings disapeard, cannot turn off display, my nvidia card is not working and have some graphic glitches while scrolling internet pages. Also got blurry apps even they weren´t...
  9. Oct 17 Creators Fall update

Oct 17 Creators Fall update: Why is the Fall Creators update coming on Sunday instead of Tuesday? I still haven't received the April Creators update. Will Fall update skip the April update? Just curious. 93550
  10. Some icons ultra small after Flash Update Oct. 17-17

in Windows 10 Support
    Some icons ultra small after Flash Update Oct. 17-17: Yesterday I had a Flash update and the icons on the right side of the task bar are now so small I can't even tell what they are and icons beside menu items very small. Regular taskbar buttons are normal size. I uninstalled that update but the problem persists. I have attached...