Windows 10: Problem after latest windows 10 update.

Discus and support Problem after latest windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After latest windows 10 update10-20 one of the features on my HP laptop no longer works. On my Windows 10 HP Pavilion an i5/2.7Ghz/12 Gig of memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanDuffy2, Oct 24, 2020.

1. DanDuffy2 Win User

Problem after latest windows 10 update.

After latest windows 10 update10-20 one of the features on my HP laptop no longer works. On my Windows 10 HP Pavilion an i5/2.7Ghz/12 Gig of memory with backlit keyboard I have a "mute button" the mute featuresound on/off works as it should but the light on the key doesn't work. All other backlit keys work fine. Any thoughts about the cause or a fix.

:)

DanDuffy2, Oct 24, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Problem after latest windows 10 update.

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Problem after latest windows 10 update.

1. Problem after latest windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Problem latest update

2. Problem After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem After Latest Update: After the latest Windows 10 update, I cannot now open/load LDPlayer Android emulator. I've tried other Android emulators and they all fail. Windows restarts after showing a WHEA stopcode. Can you help or is the problem known and being fixed? Thanks...
  3. Problems after installing latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after installing latest Windows 10 update: The latest Windows update has caused many problems with my computer including: 1. Many manual shutdowns and startups needed to even get the computer to stay on. First it would start with a completely blank screen. Using Ctl-Alt-Del many times I was able to get it to open...
  4. Problem after latest update

Problem after latest update: Hello, I get a weird problem after the latest update: the taskbar keeps flashing and the desktop icons never load. I can't open the start menu or do anything other than Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried using a recovery point, uninstalling qualtiy updates feature updates can't be...
  5. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  6. Problems after the latest Update

Problems after the latest Update: I've been having a bunch of problems happening since the last Update: Starting with stutters when playing or just using an app like chrome, watching videos etc. the entire pc in random moments for like 3 seconds, everything looks like i have 3Fps, what makes it very...
  7. Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems: I've no idea what is going on. Launching certain games disables the image on my TV. I unplug and plug the HDMI cable onto my PC again and again but nothing shows up. The computer is still running, but no image is displayed and I am forced to shut it down via the power button....
  8. problem after latest Windows update.

problem after latest Windows update.: I installed the latest Windows Update today 20th March 2020. It messed up my YouTube, in that it took the videos anything from several seconds to over a minute to start. When they did, there was no sound. I followed the "Restart your computer" advice four yes, FOUR times, to...
  9. Problem After Updating windows 10 in latest version

Problem After Updating windows 10 in latest version: After Updating win 10 all features are stopped and not working. after this many drivers are not working and not start window properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-after-updating-windows-10-in-latest/78b680d8-e394-4f2c-9638-eba4801416b7
  10. Problems after windows 10 latest update

Problems after windows 10 latest update: The first issue goes back to Dec. 2018... the sound on bluetooth is so raspy you can't even make out what people are saying. Have tried it with several bluetootgh devices and it is the same with all of them. Starting yesterday. the screen goes black and I have to power down...