Windows 10: Problem after removing and reinstalling apps

Discus and support Problem after removing and reinstalling apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I am a new windows 10 user - got a new computer and it came with windows 10. I went looking for a way to remove the apps I didn't want, and got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zas, Jan 1, 2016.

1. ZAS
    Zas Win User

Problem after removing and reinstalling apps

So I am a new windows 10 user - got a new computer and it came with windows 10.
    I went looking for a way to remove the apps I didn't want, and got a bit excited and removed too many, so then I looked for a way to put them back, I followed all the directions and steps but I am left with some weird things on my start menu and I wonder if anyone can please tell me how to remove them or if I did something wrong? Thanks so much

Problem after removing and reinstalling apps [​IMG]

:)

2. How to Reinstall Removed apps which was removed druing resetting od Windows.

Original title: Reinstallation of rmoved file (windws 10)

I refreshed my laptop only to be confronted with the problem of having to reinstall the removed apps.

This was displayed on my screen as a folder/file: " Removed Apps.html"

Now, how do I reinstall these removed apps after I've refreshed my laptop.

Bear in mind, I lost my sound after the refreshing; I managed to fix it with hp support assistance.

Ben MAXBROOHM, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Removed apps after reboot reinstall

After getting my wife's computer upgraded to Windows 10, I went about the usual way of getting rid of the junk apps that are pre-installed on Windows 10, e.g. Alarm and Clock. How I removed it is simple, opening Power Shell as Admin ran the following command:

Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1510.14020.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Checked the Start Menu and voila wasn't there anymore, but after an update and a restart it was back in her start menu.

Why is this happening, I specifically told WIndows to remove the app, but yet after the restart it placed it back into her start menu. Is it because of some sync function that is hidden? Or is Microsoft automatically reverting back to the original Windows
    10 app list after a reboot?

PadraigJohnston, Jan 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Suggestion only:
    Run a Reset option.
    Start button > left side, click Settings > select Update and Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, under Reset this PC, click the Get Started button > follow the prompts from then on.............

davidhk, Jan 1, 2016
  5. ZAS
    Zas Win User
    thank you, that's something I had thought of trying, but maybe someone has a fix for this without me having to do that?

6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 1, 2016
  7. ZAS
    Zas Win User
    dalchina - yes I have, this was my original post and then I found the other thread by chance.

8. dalchina New Member

Oddly enough, I was trying to fix a problem where Cortana couldn't access my Location, when everything was set up properly, so I wanted to re-register it. Having run the Powershell command (for all apps) I encountered what you show above (or very similar- the list looks very similar indeed, so there's probably a pattern- suggested in the other thread).

I'd just updated my disk image (hint!) and restored it. It then took quite a while to find a command specific to Cortana - thought that would be easy- and ran that. That was fine and my problem was finally solved, and all other apps were untouched.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem after removing and reinstalling apps - Similar Threads - Problem removing reinstalling

2. How to reinstall/recover the apps removed after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall/recover the apps removed after resetting pc: Apps removed while resetting your PC App namePublisherVersionAdobe Acrobat ReaderAdobe Systems Incorporated22.003.20322Flashing LightsNils JakrinsIntelR Computing Improvement ProgramIntel Corporation2.4.09007Intel® Driver & Support AssistantIntel22.8.50.7Kaspersky Safe...
  3. How to reinstall/recover the apps removed after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall/recover the apps removed after resetting pc: Apps removed while resetting your PC App namePublisherVersionAdobe Acrobat ReaderAdobe Systems Incorporated22.003.20322Flashing LightsNils JakrinsIntelR Computing Improvement ProgramIntel Corporation2.4.09007Intel® Driver & Support AssistantIntel22.8.50.7Kaspersky Safe...
  4. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 open app problem after reinstall: I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive, marking it as bad.Reinstalling WIN10 from the sky while retaining my personal files went just fine. Everything seemed to work...
  5. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

WIN10 open app problem after reinstall: I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive, marking it as bad.Reinstalling WIN10 from the sky while retaining my personal files went just fine. Everything seemed to work...
  6. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder: Please keep in mind I don't want to reset at all costs.One day I corrupted the WindowsApps folder permissions and probably some other folders I don't know about right now, after many tries to fix it I decided to delete it, uninstall most uwp apps, and then try again. I didn't...
  8. how to reinstall removed apps after resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to reinstall removed apps after resetting: how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-removed-apps-after-resetting/a52cdb26-77f8-4bc0-b7da-6efe3f27410e
  9. reinstall removed apps

reinstall removed apps: I had a system reset and in doing so most of my apps were removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-removed-apps/f9c78e42-8649-40d1-9824-349b79d34d15
  10. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...