Windows 10: Problem after restart and Upgrade

Discus and support Problem after restart and Upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can no longer reach XP machine from Win 10. The mapped drives and MSHOME connection show in Explorer but attempts to use it crash Explorer. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Dec 19, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Problem after restart and Upgrade

I can no longer reach XP machine from Win 10. The mapped drives and MSHOME connection show in Explorer but attempts to use it crash Explorer.

This may have happened just today, all was ok before the restart/upgrade to Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.630)
    XP can still see.use the Win10 machine though.
    Any help appreciated in sorting this.

:)

James1093, Dec 19, 2020

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Problem after restart and Upgrade

little cat, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Problem after restart and Upgrade

1. Problem after restart and Upgrade - Similar Threads - Problem restart Upgrade

2. Problems after restarting Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems after restarting Windows Explorer: I ended the windows explorer task by accident. I followed another question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-ended-the-explorerexe-process/73a26688-abef-4c25-9e0c-13e84aacb50b, and got my solution. But, after that, I am facing some serious...
  3. Problems after restarting Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after restarting Windows Explorer: I ended the windows explorer task by accident. I followed another question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-ended-the-explorerexe-process/73a26688-abef-4c25-9e0c-13e84aacb50b, and got my solution. But, after that, I am facing some serious...
  4. Problems with account after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with account after restart: Last night I shut down my PC to move it. When I restarted, the log-in screen showed my son's name but my email. I signed in with my password, not my son's, and when windows loaded, everything was gone from my account. Basically it looks like I started an account for the...
  5. Problem Suffering after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Suffering after upgrade: The first problem 1. Getting "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support this machine" after updating windows 2. The right does not work after as we click it show loading without any result...
  6. Problems after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems after RAM upgrade: Upgraded to 20GB (8 + 8 + 4). CrucialScan says they are the correct RAM modules. (All 3 are Crucial.) Since the upgrade non-trivial apps (Sketchup, Blender, Sweet Home 3D) keep going Not Responding when doing any sort of major task. Perfmon shows 35% CPU usage and 40% RAM...
  7. problems after a hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problems after a hardware upgrade: so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that the old activation key was affiliated with. to make it worse, when trying to get into my account to change info, it locked me...
  8. No restart after upgrading

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart after upgrading: Hi, I'm having some hard times with my pc after installing windows 10...I used to have windows 8.1 and everything was fine. Since I downloaded 10: -it's no more possible fro me to restart my pc: it stops during the process. -programs behave weirdly: adobe is going mad, it's...
  9. Sudden restarts after upgrading memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden restarts after upgrading memory: Hi More than a month ago I upgraded my memory to 16GB from 8GB (added one stick). Since then it was working much faster and everything seemed to be ok but I experienced 3 sudden restarts of the Windows (the last one was last night, at 3am when I was asleep). I made...
  10. Problem after restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after restarting: Since the November upgrade if I use the restart on my PC it states that it is "Working on updates" and "Do not turn off my computer" After a short while it then says: "Automatic Repair" "Your PC did not start correctly" It then give me some options and the only way...