Windows 10: Problem after restarting

Discus and support Problem after restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the November upgrade if I use the restart on my PC it states that it is "Working on updates" and "Do not turn off my computer" After a short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crockerja, Dec 14, 2015.

1. crockerja Win User

Problem after restarting

Since the November upgrade if I use the restart on my PC it states that it is "Working on updates" and "Do not turn off my computer"

After a short while it then says:

"Automatic Repair"
    "Your PC did not start correctly"

It then give me some options and the only way out from there that I have found is to select "Advanced options" > "Troubleshoot" > "Reset this PC".

I am able to save my personal files but it re-installs Windows 10 and all my apps and drivers are lost. This has become very tedious. Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?

:)

crockerja, Dec 14, 2015

2. PROBLEMS AFTER RESTART

Hi Raul,

To assist you better, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Have you performed any updates before this issue started?
    • Did you get an error while trying to login

Please try to login in safe mode and see if it will go through.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 14, 2015
  3. PROBLEMS AFTER RESTART

I HAVE A WINDOWS 10 NEVER HAD ISSUES WITH IT UNTIL THIS COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I NOTICE THAT AFTER RESTART THE COMPUTER OR AFTER SLEEP MODE DOESN'T BOOT INTO WINDOWS IT LET ME PUT MY PASSWORD BUT AFTER THAT DON'T GO INTO THE SYSTEM IT SENDS ME BACK TO THE
    MAIN SCREEN AGAIN TO PUT THE PASSWORD AGAIN I RUN INTO COMMAND PROMPT FOR ANY ISSUES BUT ITS SAYS NOTHING WRONG ANY HELP I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE THANKS

RaulGomez7, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Problem after restarting

1. Problem after restarting - Similar Threads - Problem restarting

2. Computer Restart Problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Restart Problem.: I had to restart my computer a couple of times and I restarted it recently only to get a 'please wait' followed by the restart options screen despite the fact my computer has not gotten a crash....
  3. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  4. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  5. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  6. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

"windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  7. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  9. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  10. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance