Windows 10: Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP

Discus and support Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switched my email application from POP to IMAP. I now have a new account showing in the connections display. All emails now go to the new account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephGrosson, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP

I switched my email application from POP to IMAP. I now have a new account showing in the connections display. All emails now go to the new account. However, my calendar, contacts and save messages are going to the old account. How do I fix this so all of the previous functions are under the new account?

:)

JosephGrosson, Jan 3, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Jan 3, 2019
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

hey guys, he will be using gmail as email provider! *Smile Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP :) what you think ?

alvez, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP

1. Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP - Similar Threads - Problem switching outlook

2. Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account: Pictured above, the setup for an IMAP account within Outlook 2024. The continue button is greyed out and nothing I do will allow me to click this button.The username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** test account with or without domain changes nothing....
  3. Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account: Pictured above, the setup for an IMAP account within Outlook 2024. The continue button is greyed out and nothing I do will allow me to click this button.The username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** test account with or without domain changes nothing....
  4. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  5. How to delete IMAP/POP password in Outlook & print contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete IMAP/POP password in Outlook & print contacts: FIRST: I’m running Office Home and Business 2019 on a Windows 10Home 20H2 64 bit on an HP Envy laptop. I programmed my Comcast email to automatically communicatewith my stand-alone Outlook 2019 by telling Outlook my Comcast email password. Long story short, my email was...
  6. IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365: I recently changed a number of email accounts from POP3 to IMAP in OUTLOOK 365. In Email or Folder view on the left-hand side, the full email address for each account shows up as the display name. Is thee a way to change the display names for the accounts. For example,...
  7. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  8. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...
  9. Thunderbird: Switch POP to identical IMAP profiles on 2 computers

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird: Switch POP to identical IMAP profiles on 2 computers: I have Thunderbird on 2 computers & have a POP profile on both. I want to switch to IMAP & make sure that the profile names are identical on both computers. If I change POP to IMAP on 1 computer first, how do I make sure that the IMAP profile I create on the 2nd computer is...
  10. email switch from pop to imap

in Windows 10 Customization
    email switch from pop to imap: Do I really need to make the switch from POP to IMAP as Xfinity has stated? If so, then I may need help making this switch. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens to my old email when I switch from POP to IMAP