Windows 10: Problem after System Recovery

Discus and support Problem after System Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd gen running Windows 10 professional with build OS10.0.19536.1000. I reset only the software and I can't login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ricerous, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Ricerous Win User

Problem after System Recovery

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd gen running Windows 10 professional with build OS10.0.19536.1000. I reset only the software and I can't login again. Fingerprint doesn't work and PIN doesn't work either. On top it says Password and inside the text entry it says PIN. Both doesn't work if I enter either of them.

I have not forgotten my PIN and I don't want to lose my harddrive data. Any help please, folks?

[Original Title: Recovery]

:)

Ricerous, Aug 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 28, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Problem after System Recovery

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Problem after System Recovery

1. Problem after System Recovery - Similar Threads - Problem System Recovery

2. System recovery after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System recovery after fresh reinstall: Hi, After a fresh reinstall, everything seemed to be working normally for a day, except now that I've rebooted for the day (I think I installed some feature update) I'm getting BSOD with error 0xc000021a. I'm trying to reverse the update however it's asking me for my...
  3. Windows update problems after recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update problems after recovery.: Split from this thread.i have a great HP dv7 laptop and has windows 7 and after recovery everything works except windows update and windows website would not let me download the realtek and atheros updated connectivity drivers , it shows there are new versions for both....
  4. Windows update problems after recovery.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update problems after recovery.: Split from this thread.i have a great HP dv7 laptop and has windows 7 and after recovery everything works except windows update and windows website would not let me download the realtek and atheros updated connectivity drivers , it shows there are new versions for both....
  5. BSOD after System Recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after System Recovery: After finishing system recovery my pc cannot boot up, it stays in a loop and eventually enters the BSOD. I'm currently trying to do another restore from the advanced options to undo the restore. This is the 2nd time this has happened, my drivers and everything are all up to...
  6. System recovery problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System recovery problem: i cant find any solution on all internet so u are my last hope its starts here... for a few days trying Navigate Controll panel->recovery->Create recovery drive->Next->then this message We cant create recovery drive on this pc some required files are missing. To...
  7. Failed boot after system recovery

Failed boot after system recovery: I have Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo Yoga 720, the authentic copy that came with the laptop. I also needed an ubuntu installation (with GrubLoader) for work and that required me to change in my BIOS the hard drive from RAID to AHCI. I followed an online tutorial and successfuly...
  8. Recovery problems after HDD replacement.

Recovery problems after HDD replacement.: Hello there! My PC is HP Pavilion Laptop (cc-102tx) with Windows 10 Home Edition. I had replaced my old HDD with a new one (both 1TB) as old one was having some noise issue. Before replacement I had created recovery media of my OS in a bootable pen drive. Soon, after the...
  9. Weird Problem with UEFI USB System Recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Problem with UEFI USB System Recovery: Hello everyone, I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, as I'm new in the forums. First of all, let me start by saying this problem came up when I accidentally turned off the PC while it was loading the OS. Next time I tried to start Windows, it came up with an...
  10. Problem after recovery/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after recovery/reset: HI all, I think I partly created my own original problem by changing the name of the computer. Shortly after I was no longer an insider, "Get Insider Builds" had a box underneath with "fix me", and pressing this gave an error 0x80310052. Some kind of no-mans land,...