Windows 10: Problem after trying to optimize Windows 10...

Discus and support Problem after trying to optimize Windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I tried to optimize my Windows 10 for gaming and after I restarted my pc had black screen I tried going in safe mode and safe mode with network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/veZzz, Oct 29, 2019.

1. /u/veZzz Win User

Problem after trying to optimize Windows 10...

So I tried to optimize my Windows 10 for gaming and after I restarted my pc had black screen I tried going in safe mode and safe mode with network and it says that I have this inaccessible boot device error please give me a fix or some type of way to fix this error, love ya peace!

submitted by /u/veZzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/veZzz, Oct 29, 2019

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem after trying to optimize Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Problem trying optimize

2. Windows 10 not working properly after an optimization HoneCtrl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not working properly after an optimization HoneCtrl: Hello, my laptop has started getting very slower after I downloaded and ran an optimization app called "HoneCtrl"It was a Windows Batch File to use it, I must run it as administrator. So I opened it with administrator permissions and it opened in the Command Prompt and all I...
  3. Windows 10 not working properly after an optimization HoneCtrl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not working properly after an optimization HoneCtrl: Hello, my laptop has started getting very slower after I downloaded and ran an optimization app called "HoneCtrl"It was a Windows Batch File to use it, I must run it as administrator. So I opened it with administrator permissions and it opened in the Command Prompt and all I...
  4. Windows 10 not working properly after an optimization HoneCtrl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with Drive C optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Drive C optimization: After restart it says the same again. Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-drive-c-optimization/dc3e96fc-639a-4c99-8d33-a8f01f3e8a1a
  6. c drive optimize problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive optimize problem: why does my laptop not show c drive as an option in optimize drives. it says that there is an error in c drive but doesnt fix after i restart the computer and when i perforn a chkdsk it says that the drive is being used by some other process. why is it?...
  7. having problems with retrim and optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    having problems with retrim and optimization: Hi all. I am running 20H2 19042.789 and am still having problems with retrim and optimization. The new 'C' HDD is not being optimised at all automatically but the date is remembered if a manual request is made. The 'D' backup drive is now not being retrimmed ( according to...
  8. MYASUS optimization problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MYASUS optimization problem.: Hello community, I have been facing a problem with the MYASUS app in my Asus laptop, saying that some feature is not working correctly, Please restart. Now, I finally found out why this is happening. When I go to the task manager>services, I found out that the ASUS...
  9. HDD Optimization problem

HDD Optimization problem: Hi, On my Windows 10 system I have an SSD, a reserved for system HDD and another HDD (F) where I store most of my games. Basically automatic weekly optimization is scheduled, but I just checked the hard drive (F) and it showed me 12% fragmentation saying "needs optimization"....
  10. Windows 10 optimization

Windows 10 optimization: Hi, I'm not having any notable issues, but I have a question for a little bit more experienced users. I've recently upgraded ram from 2 GB to 16 GB and installed a ssd which is awesome, but I don't have the best CPU in the world. So, I was wondering is there anyway I can...