Windows 10: Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Discus and support Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 but when it gets to Getting finished near the end I get a dialog box saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaburmester, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Hi all,

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 but when it gets to
    Getting finished near the end I get a dialog box saying Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed.

I then try the following:

1. Boot into your recovery USB and go to the CMD
    2. type "diskpart" then "list disk"
    3. select the internal drive: "select disk 0"
    4. list volumes: "list vol" and select the boot volume (should be ~260MB): "select vol 1"
    5. Then assign a drive letter to the partition: "assign letter=b:" 6.exit disk partition and "cd /d b:EFI\Microsoft\Boot"
    6. run "bootrec /fixboot"
    7. rename the BCD file "ren BCD BCD.bak"
    8. recreate the BCD store: "bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-gb /s b: /f ALL
    9. Reboot

When I get to step 6 I always get an Access is denied error.

Please advise how to resolve issue

I am using a Windows Surface Pro 4.

It should not be so complicated.

Thank you for all help.

:)

jaburmester, Jun 19, 2019
  2. dencal Win User
    dencal, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it.

The power supply that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 will be staying at home.

Thank you for all suggestions.

jaburmester, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

1. Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - Problem trying reinstall

2. My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10: A guy gave me this surface for my birthday but it don't boot he don't have any OS.I want to reinstall windows 10 with 2 method but no one work: -1st : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-imageI followed step but i only have some tool but i can't reinstall os...
  3. My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10: A guy gave me this surface for my birthday but it don't boot he don't have any OS.I want to reinstall windows 10 with 2 method but no one work: -1st : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-imageI followed step but i only have some tool but i can't reinstall os...
  4. My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4: What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32kpowerwatchdogtimeout-bsod-win-10-pro-64-on/9cac5dad-1856-430a-9803-c33d8ba4800f
  6. win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4: What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32kpowerwatchdogtimeout-bsod-win-10-pro-64-on/9cac5dad-1856-430a-9803-c33d8ba4800f
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  8. Surface Pro 4 problem (BSOD/driver/reinstall not working)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 problem (BSOD/driver/reinstall not working): So I installed a few updates to my surface pro 4 using Driver Booster, as I've used for years on my desktop and surface.. Then after around 15 updates was installed, I rebooted and then started getting lots of BSODs with "kernel security check failure" phrase, so no doubt it...
  9. Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Hi all, I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 but when it gets to Getting finished near the end I get a dialog box saying Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed. I then try the following: Boot into...
  10. In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 News
    In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Feast your eyes on the new Surface Pro 4, the thinnest, lightest and most powerful tablet. Period. 6Gh4o9IqeEU Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 features a beautiful 12.3-inch PixelSense Display and is 30 percent more powerful than its predecessor, the Surface Pro 3. The...