Windows 10: problem after update. .thanks .Jim

Discus and support problem after update. .thanks .Jim in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; after update states unable get c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\programdata\acr\updater2\updater2.xml . screen brightness increased cannot ajust .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesBunting2, Oct 31, 2019.

1. problem after update. .thanks .Jim

after update states unable get c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\programdata\acr\updater2\updater2.xml . screen brightness increased cannot ajust . games jerky and slow also some wont load .Thanks. Jim

:)

JamesBunting2, Oct 31, 2019

2. Jim Holster

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the update.

If issue reoccur then in addition to the above step, you may try to follow the steps provided below to fix the start menu problem.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 31, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 31, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

problem after update. .thanks .Jim

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond problem after update.  .thanks .Jim :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

problem after update. .thanks .Jim

1. problem after update. .thanks .Jim - Similar Threads - problem update thanks

2. problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem after update: Updated Windows 10...now I have a problem with Edge...I cannot get to websites....Get a message that " this page cannot be reached." What do I need to do to rectify it?...
  3. Problem after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after update: Having a problem after latest update any windows I have open are stacked on top if existing page I have open and the 1 I have open is only viewable 3/4of the screen .hiw can I fix this so page I have open takes up the whole screen for viewing 137294
  4. Jim Lehman

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jim Lehman: Where do you list the answers to the questions???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jim-lehman/e8c142cf-fd35-4fff-8038-2d8f80ff7940
  5. Jim Lehman

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jim Lehman: I have a WIN10 OS that will not download a MS Flight Simulator program from their CD/DVD. I also have a HP desktop com-puter. I have tried (with no success) to get help from MS concerning this problem. In addition,I have loaded the CD/DVD in the proper location however...
  6. Thanks Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Thanks Microsoft: The Forum users get such great help from the Staff of Helpers and Advisers . But does anyone ever say thank you. People crying for help Viruses, Bugs ,Ransomeware, Scammers , etc. And its Free . We now have a top of the range Windows Security getting better AV Test results...
  7. problem after update

problem after update: I have Toshiba Satellite L50-C-with pre-install Windows 10. After the last windows update 22 March 2019, I boot the laptop and I get this message: Scanningand repairing drive C. After the end of this processing, I can’t access to my laptop. The only option is “Choose your...
  8. problem after update

problem after update: unable to access Norton security after latest update eventually after prefault 8504 /104ssing every possible key comes up as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/problem-after-update/d0564817-c8be-44bc-a883-c05cdd352e85
  9. Problem after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem after Update: After updating when I turned my computer on. I get the following messages when attempting to launch EasyWorship software:Access violation at addrss 007EF5BE in module 'Easy Worship.exe'. Read of address 00000000. Access violation at address 007EF5D3 in module 'Easy...
  10. Problems after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after updates: Hello, I have problem with my Icons and text being very small after updates (KB4022730) (KB4020821) (KB4022405) The Favourites bar ,explorer tabs, programs and the text is very tiny, also for some reason I have Microsoft edge in a additional tab as well. I have gone to...