Windows 10: Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback

Discus and support Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got some problems after Windows downloading update automatically version 1803. My previous version was build 10240 Home Single Language. My device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FikiFau, Nov 5, 2018.

1. FikiFau Win User

Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback

I got some problems after Windows downloading update automatically version 1803. My previous version was build 10240 Home Single Language. My device is HP Notebook 15-af109ax

The problem that i encountered:

1. Long "Preparing windows" screen after welcome screen on every logon(approx 10 minutes)
    2. sihost.exe ctfmon.exe explorer.exe "Unknown Hard Error" dialog on "preparing windows" screen
    3. C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted." I copied files in user/desktop to the place, the message doesnt appear anymore.
    4. Many services that should be running (e.g. audio services, network services, etc), not running. can be run manually in services.msc
    5. Start menu and Metro apps not work, if i run ms-settings: display 2 message, "class not registered" and shell: message(forgot the content)
    6. Sometimes explorer work, sometimes not
    7. Tried to reset windows using HP Recovery Manager, but didnt work, gave me error message "could not find recovery enviroment" but I have 17gb+ recovery partition on D:/
    8. Recovery enviroment from boot menu cant be accessed, display error code 0xc000000f "A required device isnt connected or cant be accessed"
    9. Troubleshoot screen in advanced startup only display 2 option, UEFI Firmware Setting and Startup Option. No Reset PC, System restore, Startup repair

sfc /scannow and CHKDSK didnt find anything wrong. Also, Windows.old folder still present in C:/

I searched the solution on the web, but none of them work

:)

FikiFau, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Drone Win User
  3. Drone Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Maaaaaaaaan 1803 is pile of poo

Some people have problems with edge, others with ie, chrome, and other apps. Hangs freezes, crashes. Microsoft says they will fix this crap on May 8th

*sigh*

All the issues of Windows 10 version 1803 you may run into - gHacks Tech News
    Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 April Update freezes PCs
    New bug detected: Windows 10 April Update freezes computers
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...s-and-timeouts-after-windows-10-april-update/
    How to fix freezing issues in Windows 10 April 2018 Update

Drone, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback

Windows 10 1803 doesn't play nice with some Intel SSDs

Legit Reviews is reporting that Windows 10 1803 has issues with some Intel SSDs, specifically their 600p series: "When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly." Microsoft and/or Intel are working on a fix.

Static~Charge, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback

1. Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback - Similar Threads - Problem Update April

2. Rollback when update Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback when update Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1903: Hello, I've many computers to update with WSUS. All are Dell Computer : Optiplex 3040 , 3050 , 3060. Drivers are up to date with Dell command update. When i push the update 1903 on it, the installation failed at 27% and roll back to 1803. On each model i've the...
  3. Problems after rollback of Windows 10 1903

Problems after rollback of Windows 10 1903: Hi, I am trying to repair Windows Surface Pro 4. I upgraded to windows 10 1903 and have various problems. Then I did a rollback and got blue window with Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an...
  4. rollback to 1803 or not ?

rollback to 1803 or not ?: On last 3 days, I updated my 4 computers from version 1803 to 1809 and everything seems to work normally on all f them and I didn't notice deletion of files or folders. Should I still rollback to 1803, just in case of ???...
  5. window 10 update april 1803 error

window 10 update april 1803 error: sir when we update win 10 april in my pc it's download complete but when it's verify download process then he saw a message error code-0*80070017. please help me sir?...
  6. Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update: I recently updated my OS to 1803 but after the update, the pc has become really slow. I think it is because of the graphics driver but I can't update them. I use an AMD GPU and I don't know why but some of my games ( Fortnite etc.) can't run properly and some won't run at all...
  7. cant update to windows 10 1803

cant update to windows 10 1803: i am running windows 10 1607. while using update assistant for windows 1803 i am getting error 0x800700b7 while installation. please help [ATTACH]...
  8. Blue Screen after Windows 10 April 2018 Update 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after Windows 10 April 2018 Update 1803: So I can't really do anything of logging and sending you guys here, the moment you can log in which doesn't even appear it goes blue crash https://i.imgur.com/kTRme28.jpg It seems this is caused by comodo, so uninstalling would solve it right? however how to do that if I...
  9. Cannot reinstall april update after rollback

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback: a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big thing at the time. now i'm trying to reinstall it since the buzz has gone away, but windows update says im up to date and the...
  10. Problem after rollback windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after rollback windows 10 to 7: Hello everybody, I have an ASUS laptop that is on Windows 7 Home Edition. I made the mistake of yielding to the insistent messages inviting me to use Windows 10. After I realized that this version does not work with Firefox or with kapersky nor with my printer, etc, I made...