Windows 10: Problem allowing REQUIRE USERS TO PRESS CTRL+ALT+DELETE

Discus and support Problem allowing REQUIRE USERS TO PRESS CTRL+ALT+DELETE in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So when I type Netplwiz it opens a small window, now I want to enable users to press ctrl+alt+delete. But the box is grey which means I cant click it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Askboy4, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Askboy4 Win User

Problem allowing REQUIRE USERS TO PRESS CTRL+ALT+DELETE

So when I type Netplwiz it opens a small window, now I want to enable users to press ctrl+alt+delete. But the box is grey which means I cant click it. Any solutions?

:)

Askboy4, Nov 21, 2016

2. Lock screen problem after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3118754)

I had a similar issue: after updating Windows 10 to 1511, the lock screen required Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to the login prompt. Before the update, tapping any key would reveal the login prompt.

I was able to fix this issue by enabling and then disabling the "secure sign-in" feature of Windows (which requires Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login). Here are the steps I used:

• Press Win+R to open the Run dialog, then type netplwiz and click
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • At this point, I saw that the checkbox labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete was unchecked, even though the lock screen did require Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Check the box labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click
      Apply.
    • Uncheck the box labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click Apply.
    • Test by locking the screen using Win+L, then press any key to reveal the login prompt.
    Credit goes to this page on tenforums.com for help on enabling/disabling secure sign-in:

Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10

Eric Stollnitz, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Asuza Win User

Hello askboy4,

You can download a registry key that either enables or disables the desired option from here.

Download "Enable_Secure_Sign-in.reg"and add it to the registry (double click on the file should do it *Wink).

Cheers

Asuza, Nov 21, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Modify the registry settings and check.
    Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the article:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
    a. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    b. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    c. Create and/or edit the following string (REG_SZ) value names with the appropriate values as described below.
    > DefaultUserName: account user name
    > DefaultPassword: account password
    > DefaultDomainName: account domain, or machine name (if not using domains)
    > AutoAdminLogon: set this value to 1

spunk, Nov 22, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    It should set it to default so that the checkbox will be visible.

spunk, Nov 22, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Ah - OK then, thank you for the further explanation!

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2016
  8. Askboy4 Win User

Thanks for the help, Never knew about u can allow CTRL ALT DEL in win 10, thought only in windows 7 xD.

Askboy4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem allowing REQUIRE USERS TO PRESS CTRL+ALT+DELETE - Similar Threads - Problem allowing REQUIRE

2. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  3. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  4. Ctrl Alt freeze problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Alt freeze problem: For days now, I have been trying to log in back to Parallel Windows 11 on my M1 MacBook Pro. But every time I click on the Windows screen, the cursor freezes and Windows tell me to simultaneously click Ctrl and Alt to free it. I can't log in no matter how many times. I have...
  5. Ctrl Alt freeze problem

Ctrl Alt freeze problem: For days now, I have been trying to log in back to Parallel Windows 11 on my M1 MacBook Pro. But every time I click on the Windows screen, the cursor freezes and Windows tell me to simultaneously click Ctrl and Alt to free it. I can't log in no matter how many times. I have...
  6. To unlock Windows, you need to press the combination CTRL + ALT + DELETE.

To unlock Windows, you need to press the combination CTRL + ALT + DELETE.: I found on the Internet how to turn it off, and it works as it should, BUT, after rebooting, I again need to press this combination until I turn it off again.I disable this combination in Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Interactive logon: Do not...
  7. To unlock Windows, you need to press the combination CTRL + ALT + DELETE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To unlock Windows, you need to press the combination CTRL + ALT + DELETE.: I found on the Internet how to turn it off, and it works as it should, BUT, after rebooting, I again need to press this combination until I turn it off again.I disable this combination in Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Interactive logon: Do not...
  8. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  9. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  10. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...