Windows 10: Problem authentication since last 2 weeks

Discus and support Problem authentication since last 2 weeks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Support, FYI, I had received complaint from application owners said that they having authentication problem since last 2 weeks. Then they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YeapHin, Apr 15, 2019.

1. YeapHin Win User

Problem authentication since last 2 weeks

Dear Support,

FYI, I had received complaint from application owners said that they having authentication problem since last 2 weeks.

Then they found out the following KB had blocked their basis access using smart card on Internet explorer on Windows 10 1703 and 1803.

Below are those Window update blocked authentication process. Once remove then it back to normal.

How can we fix the issue without remove the security patches in the machine?

Why the new patches can cause problem?

KB4487017

KB4489871

KB4489868

KB4493464

Have A Great Day .

Mr Yeap Lai Hin

Support Engineer
    System Support

<Removed PII and Spam>

Please read the

Code of Conduct Community User Cautions:
    • Please be careful with your personal information. If you post your email address in a post, it may be used for any purpose by the general public, as this is a public community.
    • Don't post information that could be used by others to steal your identity, like your street address, your phone number, your social security number, or your credit card number.

:)

YeapHin, Apr 15, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 15, 2019
  3. 2-step authentication doesn't work for SkyDrive on WP8

I am unable to enter 2-step authentication into the login page for SkyDrive on Windows Phone 8. When you are challenged to enter the generated code from the Authenticator app you must open the Authenticator app to read the number: once you return to the
    SkyDrive app to enter the number the SkyDrive app resets itself & requires you to enter your username and password again. I assume this is because the SkyDrive app does not have fast resume enabled. This means that if you have an authenticator app on the same
    phone you are trying to log into, you can't get into SkyDrive when 2-step authentication is enabled. There are workarounds, which I have listed at the end of this message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. open SkyDrive app

2. enter username / password

3. SkyDrive prompts you to enter generated code from Authenticator

4. Launch Authenticator app

5. Come back to SkyDrive app via task switch (hold right arrow key down, swipe to running SkyDrive app)

6. SkyDrive app resets, requests username/password again.

In the time it takes to re-enter the username/password, you have lost your Authenticator number.

If you try to do this via text message the same problem exists (replace "Authenticator" with "Messaging App" in repro steps above), unless you have a screen wide enough to display the entire toast message from the text & can enter it without
    tasking out of SkyDrive.

There is a workaround, which is to use an alternate method that doesn't involve the phone I am on - for example, email (which I can read on a different machine) or call a number.

Please file a bug against SkyDrive.

TheRealMLEKAS, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Problem authentication since last 2 weeks

Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

OK I created a 2nd Microsoft account and setup the Authentication App on an old phone I had lying around for 2-factor authentication.

Step 1

I logged into this website with that account and it prompted me with the Authentication App so 2 factor is setup correctly on the NEW Microsoft Account.

Step 2

I logged in on my Windows 10 PC with that NEW account and it also DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor Authentication.

I tried to log in via RDP and, again, it DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor.

My question remains unanswered.

TylerMason, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Problem authentication since last 2 weeks

1. Problem authentication since last 2 weeks - Similar Threads - Problem authentication since

2. 2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates: I always use the 2 Finger scroll on my touchpad and for some reason it's no longer working. I'm using an external mouse now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-fingers-scroll-not-working-since-last-week-after/dfe42c49-7d20-4c92-97b2-730ca175d66a
  3. 2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates: I always use the 2 Finger scroll on my touchpad and for some reason it's no longer working. I'm using an external mouse now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-fingers-scroll-not-working-since-last-week-after/dfe42c49-7d20-4c92-97b2-730ca175d66a
  4. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  5. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  6. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  7. Random BSODs since update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  8. Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's: Windows 10 update facing problem since last 2 week's, showing message We couldn't complete the features, undoing changes, Don't turn off your computer.....
  9. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  10. Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then: Hi all! Since last week I see on most systems here now and then the following in Windows Problem Report: [img] I assume I am not the only one and it looks like a Microsoft-server is overloaded. Is there any way to get rid of those errors? The strange thing is that...