Windows 10: Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux

Discus and support Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My case is long, so here we go. I have an iMac late 2013 with bootcamp installed, with Windows 10 and macOS. This morning I tried installed Ubuntu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MetalAle3, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux

My case is long, so here we go.

I have an iMac late 2013 with bootcamp installed, with Windows 10 and macOS. This morning I tried installed Ubuntu, with an USB sitick of the 20.04 version. I booted into it with pressing alt and selecting the USB stick and booted it. Everything was fine and I succesfully installed Ubuntu, clicking into the install alongside Windows Boot Manager. The problem came when I tried booting Windows. My PC got into GRUB automatically and when I selected Windows Boot Manager a black screen appeared, and not booting into Windows 10. No matter the time I waited, Windows didn't boot.

Please help me as fast as you can

Thanks

submitted by /u/MetalAle3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MetalAle3, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Nov 12, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux

Windows 10: cannot complete upgrade with Linux installed

Hi Techiah,

If you’re having problems updating Windows 10 with Linux installed, we suggest to follow the steps on the article:
    How to: Upgrade a dual boot installation of Windows and
    Linux to Windows 10 - Part 1
    . It contains troubleshooting steps that you can perform to help you resolve the issue.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have other questions.

Jelo Sen, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux

1. Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux - Similar Threads - Problem booting installing

2. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  3. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  4. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  5. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  6. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to install Windows 10 after Linux in Dual boot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install Windows 10 after Linux in Dual boot?: I have been following all these steps https://itsfoss.com/install-windows-after-ubuntu-dual-boot/But for some when I try to boot the windows installation this appear on the screenI can give more details, but I have followed all the steps in the link above and I have been...
  8. Can’t boot neither Windows or Linux after installing Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t boot neither Windows or Linux after installing Linux: submitted by /u/Tidalikk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7e5wo/cant_boot_neither_windows_or_linux_after/
  9. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  10. Windows wont boot after installing linux

Windows wont boot after installing linux: Hello, writing from a phone so will try to keep it as short as possible. My SSD wasnt partitioned, so when I decided to install linux i made a partition from the default one, and installed linux on that newly made partition, after installing Linux (zorinOS), Windows wont...