Windows 10: Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung

Discus and support Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This problem has been haunting me for 2 days now. I'm trying to secure erase my SSD to sell it and used Samsung Magician to create a bootable USB to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Painfinity, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung

This problem has been haunting me for 2 days now. I'm trying to secure erase my SSD to sell it and used Samsung Magician to create a bootable USB to do it. Didn't work.

Then I've read that the Secure Erase feature only works with MBR, so I converted my 970 Evo disk from GPT to MBR and tried again. Nothing. Black screen and a white dash in the upper left corner. It isn't blinking, it's just staring at me with no life.

I've tried booting in Legacy Mode by activating CSM Support in my UEFI BIOS. Nothing.

Please send help, I appreciate every idea you guys might have! Thanks.

submitted by /u/Painfinity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Painfinity, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Guntert Win User

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My Samsung SSD is my main drive c:/ with windows 10 on it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Guntert, Apr 24, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Samsung Magician Secure Erase

This blog details the meticulous steps, trials & errors, one person took to attempt to securely erase and then verify a secure erasure of various SSD erase operations.
    Ways to Securely Erase a Solid State Drive (SSD) | Ray Woodcock's Latest
    It's quite a read, and really helps to understand what's going on, as well as a bit startling as to some of the results he saw. Some of the comments are also eye-opening.

I also learned that TRIM does not work on a USB-connected SSD.

simrick, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Guntert Win User

Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

no, I dont mind starting over, just heard I sould do a secure erase to make sure it cleans any bad sectors or put it back to what it was when I bought it

Couldnt get samsung secure erase to work even after creating samesung boot USB

Guntert, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung

1. Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung - Similar Threads - Problem booting USB

2. Problem with secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with secure boot: I'm trying to install windows 11 on a relatively old desktop, asus b350 motherboard, it supports secure boot, uefi and all that good stuff. This bad boy has been running for 7 years now. Now i am doing this because the last install which was about a year ago, also windows 11,...
  3. Secure boot erased Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secure boot erased Windows 10: So I just update my bios and enable secure boot with all the feature and set it to custom and install all the feature that on the moboAnd when I reboot it just said.!!!WARNING!!!No bootable drive found.Will enter the BiosThe warning may not accurateWhen I recheck the hard...
  4. Secure boot erased Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot erased Windows 10: So I just update my bios and enable secure boot with all the feature and set it to custom and install all the feature that on the moboAnd when I reboot it just said.!!!WARNING!!!No bootable drive found.Will enter the BiosThe warning may not accurateWhen I recheck the hard...
  5. Secure boot erased Windows 10

6. Secure Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Problem: Hi, i have secure boot enabled and it everywhere says its disabled.I have tried re-enabling it but it still says disabled.I have tried using Whynotwin11, It still says disabled.I have tried asking this before but didnt get a good answer....
  7. Secure Boot Problem

Secure Boot Problem: Hi, i have secure boot enabled and it everywhere says its disabled.I have tried re-enabling it but it still says disabled.I have tried using Whynotwin11, It still says disabled.I have tried asking this before but didnt get a good answer....
  8. SSD wont secure erase on USB or DISC

SSD wont secure erase on USB or DISC: I have recently had a failure of BIOS and backup BIOS on my Gigabyte GA-H77M D3H rev1.0 motherboard, now I've purchased a 2nd hand Intel (branded), 7 series board, to replace it, now in anticipation, I thought I would secure erase the SSD now in prep now first I attached it...
  9. Samsung Magician Secure Erase

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Samsung Magician Secure Erase: Hi. I have a Samsung SSD I wish to securely erase. I've got it hooked up via a SATA to USB adapter. Magician software won't work in this configuration; it appears I need to have the SSD hooked up directly to the MB? Can anyone confirm this, or have a way around it? And,...
  10. Secure Erase SSD Samsung

Secure Erase SSD Samsung: I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung secure erase usb 2.0