Windows 10: Problem booting windows from Grub

Discus and support Problem booting windows from Grub in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 along with Ubuntu in my laptop. Windows is installed on an SSD and Ubuntu on HDD. When I try to boot Windows from GRUB, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ajktym94, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Problem booting windows from Grub

I have installed Windows 10 along with Ubuntu in my laptop. Windows is installed on an SSD and Ubuntu on HDD. When I try to boot Windows from GRUB, the following error message appears: error: no such deviceProblem booting windows from Grub :D0FA-2FF1 error: disk 'hd1,gpt2' not found

Another option gives: error: file '/EFI/Boot/bkpbootx64.efi' not found

This has happened before and somehow was fixed. Can someone solve the problem? Screenshots have been attached. image 1 image 2

submitted by /u/ajktym94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ajktym94, Dec 26, 2019

2. Starting Problem in Windows 10, grub issue

Thank you for posting back.

This might require fixing the boot record of the partition and the MBR of the disk where the partition is placed. Try this steps to run a repair:

1. Open Command Prompt as admin.
    2. Enter (or copy and paste) this command-line.

Code:
    bootsect /nt60 drive_letter: /mbr
    Replace [i]drive letter[/i] with your actual driver letter.
    Example: bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr

You can also refer to this thread
    for further information on how to remove grub boot loader.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Fox34 Win User
    GRUB loaded error

When I go to boot suse 10.2 with grub, after the bios checking It just displays; "LI." and stops. It just says LI and stops. I now boot with a install disk, then just choose boot from harddrive and it works. Any suggestions?

Fox34, Dec 26, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Problem booting windows from Grub

dual booting Windows and Linux

There's no way to not show the GRUB menu.

Google grub-config, look for instructions on how to install it (or try synaptic, but I think you have to look in a custom repository). You should be able to change the boot list from there.

hellrazor, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Problem booting windows from Grub

1. Problem booting windows from Grub - Similar Threads - Problem booting Grub

2. Boots into Grub.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boots into Grub.: Whilst Windows Update was running, my laptop crashed, as i had forgotten to switch the PSU on. Now when I boot the laptop it goes straight into Grub, typing "exit" it then allows Windows to load. Could you please help me to make my machine normal. Thankyou...
  3. Boots into Grub.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boots into Grub.: Whilst Windows Update was running, my laptop crashed, as i had forgotten to switch the PSU on. Now when I boot the laptop it goes straight into Grub, typing "exit" it then allows Windows to load. Could you please help me to make my machine normal. Thankyou...
  4. Grub Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Grub Problem: Hi dear,I was installed Ubuntu along with Windows on my laptop. After I deleted UBUNTU, when I turn on my laptop it shows a menu wriite - Minimal BASH writing.................you guys know. And I need to boot Windows by going to boot option ,then selecting Windows boot...
  5. Grub Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grub Problem: Hi dear,I was installed Ubuntu along with Windows on my laptop. After I deleted UBUNTU, when I turn on my laptop it shows a menu wriite - Minimal BASH writing.................you guys know. And I need to boot Windows by going to boot option ,then selecting Windows boot...
  6. Grub Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Booting windows 10 after deleting grub.

Booting windows 10 after deleting grub.: Hi! I am using windows 10 pro 64 bit . I have installed prime os in dual boot with windows 10. I have only the windows 8.1 32 bit bootable media. because my usb capacity is only 3.72 GB After deleting grub loader, can i fix the grub error by this windows 8.1 32 bit...
  8. I Cannot Boot Windows From GRUB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Cannot Boot Windows From GRUB: I decided I wanted to have a go at Linux (prepares for downvotes). However, I fluffed it. So I installed Ubuntu onto a USB stick so it can run off that instead of the hard drive that runs Windows so I could keep it clean. However, after having a play in Ubuntu, I tried...
  9. Boot usbwin10 from grub menu

Boot usbwin10 from grub menu: Currently I have installed Manjaro, but have access to GRUB before loading the OS, my USB is recognized, but it won't boot from it, even if I manually set my boot priority to usb. Is there any way to boot usbwin10 from grub terminal?...
  10. Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup

Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup: Hi! I am removing my Ubuntu from a dual-boot laptop PC and I am following this guide to do it: https://itsfoss.com/uninstall-ubuntu-linux-windows-dual-boot/ However, I am skeptical of the sixth step, saying: Step 6: In the command line, type the following command to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grub statt win10 loader