Windows 10: Problem buying a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a warranty plan, with the plan...

Discus and support Problem buying a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a warranty plan, with the plan... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. I bought a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a PeformanceGuard Protection plan. I got a confirmation e-mail showing both items. I was... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AT-DC, Nov 23, 2018.

1. AT-DC Win User

Problem buying a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a warranty plan, with the plan...

Hi. I bought a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a PeformanceGuard Protection plan. I got a confirmation e-mail showing both items. I was only charged, however, for the laptop and not the warranty plan. I received one e-mail confirming that my credit card was charged for the laptop. Then, a few minutes later, I received a separate e-mail noting that Microsoft had been "unable to authorize the selected payment method" for the warranty, on the same card that had just been charged for the laptop. I'm curious if this is a widespread problem. Thanks.

p.s. This comment doesn't fit in a particular category. Sorry. There should be a category related to problems with the Microsoft Store.. In the meanwhile, I just placed it under Windows, which is the most general topic I could think of.

:)

AT-DC, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 23, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Problem buying a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a warranty plan, with the plan...

Energy Plan keeps resetting

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are encountering issues with your Power settings in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your Power saving plan. To do this simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type troubleshooting
      and click the first option.
    • Then click on System and Security.
    • Select Power.

After performing the steps above, restart your computer and set your preferred power plan settings.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Problem buying a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a warranty plan, with the plan...

1. Problem buying a laptop from the Microsoft Store, along with a warranty plan, with the plan... - Similar Threads - Problem buying laptop

2. How to cancel a Adobe Plan bought on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cancel a Adobe Plan bought on the Microsoft Store: I purchased a Adobe Lightroom Plan on the Microsoft Store and now I want to cancel it. When I tried to cancel my plan directly on the Adobe website, I got redirected everytime on the Microsoft website. Now when i'm lookimg to find where to cancel my plan, the website is...
  3. How to cancel a Adobe Plan bought on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to cancel a Adobe Plan bought on the Microsoft Store: I purchased a Adobe Lightroom Plan on the Microsoft Store and now I want to cancel it. When I tried to cancel my plan directly on the Adobe website, I got redirected everytime on the Microsoft website. Now when i'm lookimg to find where to cancel my plan, the website is...
  4. A Billing problem for Microsoft Assure Plan

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A Billing problem for Microsoft Assure Plan: This question falls well outside Windows Technical Support. I can't get ant telephone or chat. I signed up for Microsoft Assure Support. I changed my mind. When I applied for the refund, I selected one of my debit cards, It turns out that card cannot be increased except...
  5. Laptop Battery Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Battery Plans: Hi, my laptop goes on high performance by default when I plug it in. Similarly, it goes on power saver, when it's on battery. How do I make it go on balanced mode instead of power saver, when it's on battery? submitted by /u/MM98_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan: On August 7, I called for my regular paid tuneup. I don't know what he did but the computer was even slower. I called again on August 8, the issue became worse the individual was unsure of what he was doing. I called again twice after with the long hold. Then finally...
  7. Microsoft PC Protection Plan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft PC Protection Plan: In Sept. 2018, I called a number to connect my echo dot (with my laptop, because I don't have a smart phone) and the Rep said that my PC wasn't protected, but he could sell me a 5 yr or lifetime PC protection thru Microsoft, that he was a third party, so after being afraid of...
  8. Where are Power Plans Stored?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where are Power Plans Stored?: I've just done a clean install on my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. I had a Dell supplied power plan on the previous W10 installation (upgraded from W8.1). Where are these plans stored so I can recover the previous Dell plan? 37759
  9. Problem with power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with power plans: When I plug in my computer on battery, it always set to default using "Power4Gear High Performance". Since I don't want to use it, I deleted it and chose "High performance" instead. But later on, when I plug in my computer on battery again, the "Power4Gear High Performance"...
  10. Flagship Microsoft Store planned for Regent Street in London

in Windows 10 News
    Flagship Microsoft Store planned for Regent Street in London: [img] Fans celebrate the grand opening of the flagship Microsoft Store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. Today, we are pleased to announce plans to open a flagship store in London on Regent Street at Oxford Circus. This is one of the world’s most exciting shopping...