Windows 10: Problem caused by reformat Windows 10

Discus and support Problem caused by reformat Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About a month ago my employer purchased a new computer for me for the office and gave me the existing computer for personal use at home. After making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jerseygal28277, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Problem caused by reformat Windows 10

About a month ago my employer purchased a new computer for me for the office and gave me the existing computer for personal use at home. After making sure I had all the files, etc., I needed to transfer to the new computer I reformatted the old computer. But there is a significant issue: there are instances where it is asking for a password for admin use. It's asking for a password that I never even knew existed before for: Scanner. There wasn't ever a Windows pw on this computer. I have my own subscription to Roboform, downloaded the installation app but I can't install because of this password issue. There doesn't seem to be any way around it. I can't set up an admin user because it wants said pw for that too. Any of the suggestions that Roboform support gave me require me to be an admin user.

:)

jerseygal28277, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Problem caused by reformat Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Problem caused by reformat Windows 10

1. Problem caused by reformat Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem caused reformat

2. Problem reformatting external SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem reformatting external SSD: Just got a Samsung T5 portable 2-TB SSD. Ran the included software, moved some files onto it, and went to bed. Realized this AM I'd forgotten to record the password. The files weren't that important, so I thought I'd just reformat the SSD. But Windows reports it will format...
  3. Windows 10 reformat and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reformat and activation: So i decided to make a recovery drive and reformat a pc that was given to me. I wasn't able to login my windows account on the pc before i started the reformatting. When booting up from usb i kept getting the error "There was a problem resetting the PC. No changes were...
  4. Origin Problem And Reformat Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Origin Problem And Reformat Question: so i want to reformat my pc but i can't install origin is this gonna work? and if i do it do i lose my windows key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/origin-problem-and-reformat-question/a8720f9d-2f3c-486e-9c85-a713ff26327c"
  5. problems from i reformatted

in Windows 10 Support
    problems from i reformatted: I recently reformatted my laptop which is running windows 10 and choose the option to keep files and folders, but this past two days i get a blue screen when i switch on the Laptop with the following message " We are unable to connect at the moment. Please check your network...
  6. reformatting windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reformatting windows 10: Hi i may need to reformat my pc and was wondering where i can download windows 10 as it was a free upgrade from windows 8 and would i just use the windows 8 code i have?...
  7. ReFormat and New Windows 10

ReFormat and New Windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was initially released and Microsoft was offering free upgrades from previous editions of Windows. I have reformatted a few times since then and never had any problems. Recently I have been upgrading different components of my computer...
  8. Reformat Windows 10 PC

Reformat Windows 10 PC: My PC is running very, very sluggishly. Updating all drivers to the latest versions and cleaning the PC up has not helped. I'm drawn to starting afresh by reformatting the hard disk and reinstalling Windows 10. I will do all necessary backups before hand but need help with...
  9. Windows 10 reformat error

Windows 10 reformat error: You When I do a windows 10 system restart it runs for about half way through the download then I get an error that says: windows could not configure one or more components. To install windows restart the computer then restart the installation From there I click okay...
  10. Reformatting Windows 10

Reformatting Windows 10: Hey guys, i tried googling this but couldn't find any solid answers. I want to reformat my computer, usually i do the old school boot from windows 10 through cd or usb, format the hardrives and reinstall windows that way. I discovered however Windows 10 has a...