Windows 10: Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep

Discus and support Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Here's the deal: I'd usually have around 50-70 Chrome tabs opened at the same time, divided in 5-6 different Chrome windows down in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FantasyForeigner, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep

Hello everyone,

Here's the deal: I'd usually have around 50-70 Chrome tabs opened at the same time, divided in 5-6 different Chrome windows down in the taskbar, each windows having between 5 and 30 Chrome tabs in it. I was using Windows 7 until recently in the same manner and everything was running as intended, but after I've switched to a new computer I've decided to upgrade to Windows 10 as well. I have this annoying problem with Chrome taskbar window 1 goes from the leftern most position to the rightern most position on Sleep. Then if the computer goes to sleep a 2nd time, Chrome Taskbar window 2, which has moved to the leftern most position would too go in the rightern most position. And so on, and so on. I use the computer for work and I have all tabs positioned strategically for me to know what's where at any given time, you could say that I click without thinking nowadays. So this issue is doubly frustrating, because it costs me so much time and frustration to deal with while working.

Please help. I feel... desperate.

I've tried locking/unlocking the taskbard, the windows down are grouped, but as a cluster one after the other, not on each other.

I can't move the offending Chrome taskbars windows to the left one by one manually, or at least I don't know how, since every time I try to do that, all Chrome tasbars windows move together, not separately.

That's it. Google have me nothing, so I have that Reddit would be able to blaze a trail with this messy problem.

submitted by /u/FantasyForeigner
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FantasyForeigner, Dec 28, 2019
  2. JanJan Win User

chrome + taskbar autohide problem

So i set my taskbar autohide. whenever chrome is in fullscreen, when i hover around the corner, the taskbar wont appear. It works with other browsers....

JanJan, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Erifgoc Win User
    Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up

From the two questions in this thread, it ends up as a one single topic because I figured out that they are both related.
    there are two problems regarding to this software.
    I want a fix to make these problems to not appear again.

1.My first problem is that when I click on the program other than Chrome, the other application never seem to switch or restore when the program is already opened.

Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep [​IMG]

I'll just put in a scenario. Google Chrome may work fine normally, until the time when I want to switch other programs when needed. Changing other programs in the taskbar doesn't respond at all. Clicking the icon twice, right click the icon then restore the window, or even using alt+tab doesn't switch.

Switching back to desktop seems to work, even changing other Google Chrome tabs by drag and make a different window. The exception is this window here.

2.My second problem is the taskbar showing up when I watch videos on fullscreen

Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep [​IMG]

Normally, it doesn't appear at all, but you know the what the problem is all about so I won't explain it in detail.

When will it appear?
    These problems will only appear occasionaly. But I do know is that there is a higher chance to happen if I turn my laptop to sleep mode and turn back on. I use a laptop.

What can you really do if you want to give a solution to my problem?

• You can ask me to download a different version of Google Chrome, but make sure that the version you give me is stable (I used Version 53.0.2785.89 m (64-bit)).
    • Adjust windows settings
    • Give a program for me to download if it's necessary
    • Well, you can give me anything to tweak Google Chrome to adjust its settings.

What things that I don't want

• Methods that only gives a "temporary" fix. That isn't what I ask for, even so I can do it on my own right now, but this makes this topic pointless.
    • To update Google Chrome software (I already did that)
    • To update Windows 10 (I already have the latest version)
    • Adjust the registry in the registry editor
    • Download "driver fix" crap

Erifgoc, Dec 28, 2019
  4. tilldeath Win User

Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep

how do I change google chrome icon?

I want to change the icon on the taskbar, I know how to change it in the properties but can't figure out how to add more icon options. For example if I made my own icon and wanted to use it in place of the chrome icon how would I do this?

tilldeath, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep

1. Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep - Similar Threads - Problem Chrome Taskbar

2. Desktop icons changed place after WIndows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed place after WIndows update: I recently updated Windows 10 and my icons changed place. is there an way to set it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changed-place-after-windows-update/fd2adec8-70d9-4b75-bdac-1f41274f4940
  3. Bug: Taskbar Position Changes After Coming Out of Sleep - Repeatable.

Bug: Taskbar Position Changes After Coming Out of Sleep - Repeatable.: 3 monitor setup Monitors are setup: 3 2 1 Using Display Identification numbers in Display Settings Monitor 1 is connected to Intel HD onboard video. Used for displaying Windows Desktop only. Monitor 2 is Primary display Middle connected to Nvidia GTX 1080 Monitor...
  4. place a shortcut on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    place a shortcut on the taskbar: I have a shortcut to "Adjust print options" on my desktop would like to place it on the taskbar, is it possible? 136002
  5. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!: I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR on the Bottom of my...
  6. Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome: I want to change the settings in my Chrome Browser (latest version, double-checked) so that I am ALWAYS asked where I want a download to go before it starts downloading. In the advanced settings option box, I have the following: Location C:\Users\George\Downloads CHANGE...
  7. Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?: I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar buttons: Never combine", but it makes no difference) 1. On one machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon expands that pinned icon...
  8. Windows 10 and chrome browser problem opening pages after sleep mode

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and chrome browser problem opening pages after sleep mode: After I upgraded to latest windows 10 build (1151) ,I seem to have a problem of Chrome opening the first several requested web pages after computer comes out of "sleep" mode. I get the page that says cannot connect . After I hit retry it finds it . Sometimes the web pages...
  9. Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade: I recently did a In-Place Upgrade, and my sound driver didn't install after the upgrade. My computer is made to run Conexant HD Audio. Can someone please assist me on which driver version of Conexant HD Audio I should install? Thanks in advance! 53854
  10. Placing a file in the TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing a file in the TaskBar: In W10 ... I want to place an icon in theTTask Bar that links to a particular text file; and I want that icon\link to be permanent, to stay there, even after I shut down. Would someone tell me how I do that? How do I paste the shortcut to the text file on to the Task bar?...