Windows 10: Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

Discus and support Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DBum1015, Mar 22, 2021.

1. DBum1015 Win User

Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

Hi Everyone!

My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same capacity of 1 TB. However, this post isn't about my computer, as it's still working like a racehorse with the newly installed SSD.

This post is actually to remedy my mom's computer, an older Acer Aspire 5734z-4836, which I had tried the same steps to clone her 320 GB HDD to the same brand of SSD I bought for my own laptop, the SK Hynix 1 TB SSD. I even had to modify the steps I did with mine a little bit in order for my mom's laptop to even see the new SSD. I had to put the SSD in my Sabrent Hard Drive Enclosure with USB 3.0 cable and everything started up Okay with the cloning process. That is until it went to copy the 3rd Partition the C: drive. It would get to a certain point and I'd see the error below:

Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free e0b91527-a052-4686-8b7c-d98465c19087?upload=true.png

So, then I followed the steps outlined in this Knowledge Base article , which told me to run chkdsk /r /f in elevated Command Prompt, which I did, and after the scan tried another time to clone with Macrium, even going as far as using the rescue media I created in the Macrium program itself. However, even cloning with the rescue media produced the same error code. So I ran the Chkdsk command again, and even updated my mom's laptop to the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 just released this month figuring that could have fixed the issues the computer was having with the clone process, but no, it would consistently show this same error code with the I/O device error message. However, I can also note that one time during one cloning attempt I did manage to get another error code, which is below: Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free 54d3bdcf-8de6-4138-9f25-41eb1c0bbba3?upload=true.png

As you can see, both errors give Error 9 Read Failed but have different error code numbers. And I can state for a fact that the clone process would be fine each time, but would only produce the error when trying to clone the C: Drive. I should also note my mom's laptop originally ran on Windows 7 and I had helped her to upgrade to Windows 10 during the Free Upgrade Offer period. And upon doing research on Acer's website, the only drivers they have for my mom's laptop were for the Windows 7 OS, not Windows 10. Could this just be a Driver Compatibility issue, and if so, what should I do in this case in order for the clone to work? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Sincerely,

Dustin Bumgarner

:)

DBum1015, Mar 22, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to clone hdd to ssd

H PARVEEN_RANAUT

If you can connect both drives to your PC at the same time and the SSD is of the same or greater size to the HDD, then you can use the free version of Macrium Reflect to clone the HDD onto the SSD . . .

Download link:

Macrium Reflect Free

How to use Macrium Reflect to Clone a drive:

https://blog.macrium.com/techie-tuesday-cloning...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Pauli O Win User
    HDD to SSD change in OEM windows 10 laptop

You can install that Macrium Reflect to that SSD and create bootable USB stick with WinPE and Macrium tools, just

follow previously given links.

Boot from that created USB and clone this external HDD to internal SSD.

Pauli O, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

Proper way of cloning the OS from HDD to SSD

I had the bad sector in my hdd so the Macrium reflect did not clone properly, so I had to use mini tool partition wizard.

Karthikbs27, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

1. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free - Similar Threads - Problem Cloning HDD

2. Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect: I guys. I am about to clone to a larger SSD, and I don't want to leave any unallocated space. There are 3 partitions there. System Reserved, Operating System and a Recovery Partition on the right which the Windows installer must have created as I built the computer myself....
  3. Macrium Reflect Free for Failed HDD Mirroring

Macrium Reflect Free for Failed HDD Mirroring: I have reactivated a main drive from my failed machine. I want to mirror the critical files on that drive. I think I have a handle on the partitions, as I show below. My question is...is there a need to mirror any other / or all the other partitions besides then the G:...
  4. Migrating from HDD to SSD using free Macrium Reflect

Migrating from HDD to SSD using free Macrium Reflect: I am getting ready to add an M.2 275GB SSD to my Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM which came with a 1TB 5400 HDD and Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I have browsed forums and watched several tutorials on YouTube. Here is my question before I start. One video showed moving the OS...
  5. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  6. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...
  7. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  8. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Acer aspire clone hd mini tool partition