Windows 10: Problem connecting from to windows 10 to 98SE

Discus and support Problem connecting from to windows 10 to 98SE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My network contains: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.19043 Build 19043 Netgear R7000 router. I am trying to connect from Windows 10 to a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stanhilliard, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Problem connecting from to windows 10 to 98SE

My network contains: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.19043 Build 19043 Netgear R7000 router. I am trying to connect from Windows 10 to a Windows 98SE computer connected to the router by Ethernet cable. The current situation is that the Win98 name, TOWER, appears in Networks of Win10 File Explorer. But selecting it produces an error. Here are the error messages: "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection." "The device or resource (TOWER) is not set up to accept connections on port 'The File and printer sharing (SMB)'." Network Diagnostics Log File Name: 790F923D-DB80-4460-8825-815ECEBE15BE.Diagnose.0.etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name: NetworkConfiguration.cab Collection information Computer Name: DELL-T1700 Windows Version: 10.0 Architecture: x64 Time: Monday, August 09, 2021 1:50:03 PM FYI: I can Ping tower --->192.168.1.8 (not always the same number) and with file Explorer, \\192.168.1.8 connects to all drives and folders on Win98. How can I go about fixing "File and Printer Sharing"? I assume it is it is controlled from within the Win98.

:)

stanhilliard, Aug 9, 2021

2. Is Windows 98se compatible with Windows 10?

* Original Title: windows 98se and windows 10

is windows 98se compatible with windows 10?

CarmonBuxton, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Problem connecting from to windows 10 to 98SE

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Problem connecting from to windows 10 to 98SE

1. Problem connecting from to windows 10 to 98SE - Similar Threads - Problem connecting 98SE

2. windows 10 connectivity problem again -_-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 connectivity problem again -_-: I am having connection problems with windows 10 network drivers, it is more obvious when playing games.It runs fine for a few minutes then i just get hit by high ping.I dont know what is the cause of this problem, i upgraded my router, updated my drivers nothing works.I have...
  3. My Windows 98SE does not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 98SE does not boot up.: Hey there,I have a Window 98 SE system in my company's Girish Metal India https://girishmetal.com office. Install IE 5.5 service patch q316509. System will not load windows or boot to safe mode. Any suggestions will be appreciated....
  4. My Windows 98SE does not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 98SE does not boot up.: Hey there,I have a Window 98 SE system in my company's Caliber Enterprises office. Install IE 5.5 service patch q316509. System will not load windows or boot to safe mode. Any suggestions will be appreciated....
  5. Windows 10 wifi connection problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wifi connection problem.: Hello, I am a windows 10 laptop user.This is my laptop specs: Asus tuf fx505dt amd ryzen 5 3550h nvidia gtx 1650 8gb ram 1tb hdd I've been using windows 10 for a long time.But from today morning i am facing a weird problem.My laptop wifi is not connecting to any...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Connection Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Connection Problem.: I bought Minecraft a couple of days ago but apart from the 4 or 5 official servers I can't connect to any servers through 'Add A Server'. I have seen a few people with the same or similar issues so have followed a few of the answers given to those people for example checking...
  7. Windows XP and 98SE on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows XP and 98SE on Windows 10: I have very old software that required to run in both XP and 98SE. Is it possible to install this 2 OS in a newly purchased Windows 10 Laptop? I have also lost my XP and 98SE CD, but I still have the product key. where can I get a download version? Thanks. 146738
  8. Windows 10 internet connection problem

Windows 10 internet connection problem: I`ve purchased a Lenovo Flexible laptop with Microsoft 10 installed on it. I am having problem with staying connected to the internet. I ve tried all of the available recommendations and I still have the problem I peep seeing `the default gateway is not available` when I...
  9. connection problem windows 10

connection problem windows 10: I have problem with my connection. So one day something change in my network connection and internet icon from toolbar just be gone. And now when I go to Settings - Network & internet - Status there is a one network connection named ethernet and its saying "no internet...
  10. Windows 10 Internet Connection Problem

Windows 10 Internet Connection Problem: Hello.Recently i installed windows 10 but i can't get my connection to work.I installed/reinstalled my network driver,disabled the power management features but still nothing changed. I'm using huawei hg655b and realtek pcie gbe family controller. Any ideas? 45335