Windows 10: Problem Connecting Hotspot

Discus and support Problem Connecting Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using my android's hotspot to connect to my computer. It shows I'm connected and let's me pull up my homepage. (Google Chrome).But want let me go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Donniethomassr, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Problem Connecting Hotspot

I'm using my android's hotspot to connect to my computer. It shows I'm connected and let's me pull up my homepage. (Google Chrome).But want let me go to any websites. Tells me I'm missing rtl120.bpl .I think it has something to do with my hard drive. I have tried the Start up repair tool. The system error.exe is telling me to reinstall the program to fix the problem .what are talking about?Need help....P.s. this is a old laptop with windows 7.

[Original Title: Hard drive]

:)

Donniethomassr, Sep 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 15, 2019
  3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Problem Connecting Hotspot

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Problem Connecting Hotspot

1. Problem Connecting Hotspot - Similar Threads - Problem Connecting Hotspot

2. hotspot connectivity problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot connectivity problem: I had been using internet via hotspot connectivity from my mobile device. But from last few days my laptop can not find or does not show my mobile hotspot in available network connections. So I am unable to join via wifi on that particular mobile. But if I try to join from...
  3. hotspot connectivity problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot connectivity problem: I had been using internet via hotspot connectivity from my mobile device. But from last few days my laptop can not find or does not show my mobile hotspot in available network connections. So I am unable to join via wifi on that particular mobile. But if I try to join from...
  4. Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...

Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...: Hello!Sorry for any translation errors, I use a google translator.The problem is that if I turn on the hostpot on Windows 10, the devices connected to it will have Internet access, but when the first device is connected to the computer, the computer will have virtually no...
  5. Hotspot connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot connection problem: My mobile hotspot is not traceable in my laptop while other can be easily connected?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-connection-problem/2f75eb85-fa22-431f-8dfd-c3d81d056999
  6. Hotspot connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot connection problem: My mobile hotspot is not traceable in my laptop while other can be easily connected?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-connection-problem/2f75eb85-fa22-431f-8dfd-c3d81d056999
  7. Hotspot connection problem

8. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.: Hi, recently I am having some troubles when trying to turn on the hotspot in my computer to share Wi-Fi to other devices. To explain everything: -I'm living on a University Residence. -I started with this problems last week. -As the router is quite far from my room, i'm...
  9. mobile hotspot connection problem

mobile hotspot connection problem: hi i have a DELL laptop but when i try connecting my laptop with my phone via mobile hotspot it always display we cannot setup mobilee hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connection-problem/f6fcce40-5a3b-48a8-8e1f-52188f2dbe4d
  10. problem in mobile hotspot connection

problem in mobile hotspot connection: I can not share my computer's internet connection from Wi-Fi , I mean i can not even choose the option. can anyone please suggest any solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-mobile-hotspot-connection/c5282c71-b5ec-4414-8f8e-1396c3a1a384