Windows 10: Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my three monitors to my PC, one of them becomes standalone, while the other two basically become one large monitor. I don't know why it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SmashMax, Feb 9, 2020.

1. SmashMax Win User

Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors

When I connect my three monitors to my PC, one of them becomes standalone, while the other two basically become one large monitor. I don't know why it is doing this. I want each monitor to be it's own screen, not a shared screen.

This is what it looks like on my display settings: Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors 502ab38f-cc7d-4e9a-a7b8-f99f3d94a21d?upload=true.png

Help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

SmashMax, Feb 9, 2020

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 issue with multiple monitors and KVM

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the settings not configured properly, I would suggest you refer to the below link and try the steps mentioned in help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem Connecting Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Problem Connecting Multiple

2. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  3. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  4. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Connect Multiple External Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Connect Multiple External Monitors: For a long time, I just had one external monitor connected to my Windows 10 laptop. When I got a second external monitor, my PC was not detecting it. I could not see it in the settings. All the monitor was doing was duplicating what was happening on my first external monitor....
  6. Multiple monitors connected to a laptop

Multiple monitors connected to a laptop: Hello,Because my work issued laptop is a 12 inch display, I want to connect 2 monitors to it. I purchased a HDMI display splitter, but the 2 monitors are displaying the same screen. I want one monitor to show what is on the laptop. My laptop only has one HDMI port and the USB...
  7. Multiple monitor problems

Multiple monitor problems: I have three monitors installed on my pc. One of them died but my pc still recognized it. When I unplug it from the computer, the cursor on my main monitor must swipe to the wrong side to get to my second. I've tried rearranging the icons in settings, uninstalling the dead...
  8. Connect to monitor problems

Connect to monitor problems: I am trying to connect my HP 15 TS Notebook to an external monitor, but when I boot up my computer my external monitor won't show anything and it shows 'No Signal.' I have selected this to be my default monitor and have projection settings to Second-screen only, but it still...
  9. Multiple monitor resolution problem

Multiple monitor resolution problem: I have two monitors with different resolution. The first one is 1366x768 laptop, which is set to 100% scaling, the second one is an external 4000 monitor set to 150%. The problem occurs when I open or move the correctly opened dialogue box from the external monitor to the...
  10. Connecting multiple monitors

Connecting multiple monitors: How can I connect 2 additional monitors to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/connecting-multiple-monitors/0d49605f-1f19-4071-ab95-082d37038a0e