Windows 10: Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

Discus and support Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephenJC42, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any issue. However, although my Windows 10 laptop can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable the wifi doesn't even show up in my available networks. It had no issue connecting to the wifi network yesterday at my old place. I've tried to add the network manually, and it actually shows up in my known networks in wifi settings, but it is still nowhere to be seen in my available networks so I have no option to connect to it. I've also tried m

:)

StephenJC42, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Slantz999 Win User

Home wifi network not detected

I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network.

- My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and connects to the network, as do my iPhone and iPad.

- My personal laptop detects other networks in the building but not mine. The drivers on this laptop are up to date and were last updated at least a year prior to my move. This laptop has no problem connecting to the public networks it detects.

Does anyone know where the problem might be? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Slantz999, Oct 2, 2022
  3. MDE123 Win User
    Can not find my new network/wifi

I switched to a new internet provider. My laptop (Lenovo with Windows 10 Pro) is not detecting the new wifi/network.

* I tried the "trouble shooting" and "manually connect" options, but my laptop still does not detect the new wifi.

* The laptop detects my "old" wifi (I have two internet providers at this moment and plan to disconnect the "old" wifi once I have everything working.)

* My Lenovo laptop is the only device that does not detect the new wifi/network. All other devices (1 PC/desktop, 1 Mac, and 2 iPhones) detect and can connect to the new wifi/network.

* My old wifi and other networks from the neighbors are showing up on the list.

* I have restarted the modem/router, but that did not help.

Given the above, it is clear that the problem is with my laptop and not the new modem/router.

Is there anything else besides what I have already tried?

Thank you in advance!

MDE123, Oct 2, 2022
  4. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

Laptop Sees Wireless Network but Cannot Connect To It

I have a small ASUS laptop that has recently had issues connecting to the home wifi network. After I type in the wifi password it displays a loading bar and then says Can't Connect to Network. I have tried every fix I could think of: disable/reenable adapter, uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling it, rebooting the laptop, rebooting the router, and troubleshooting the adapter. The laptop is running and Windows 10 and does not have an ethernet port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michaelciv1, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

1. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Problem connecting detecting

2. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection: Acer Asus gaming laptop won’t detect new networks. Connects to old ones just fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-detect-new-wifi-connection/a04265ce-6292-4ecc-b915-ddc81d48e09a
  3. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection: Acer Asus gaming laptop won’t detect new networks. Connects to old ones just fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-detect-new-wifi-connection/a04265ce-6292-4ecc-b915-ddc81d48e09a
  4. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop: Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any issue. However, although my Windows 10 laptop can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable the wifi doesn't even show...
  6. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop: Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any issue. However, although my Windows 10 laptop can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable the wifi doesn't even show...
  7. Problem connecting a new laptop to wifi. And bleutooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting a new laptop to wifi. And bleutooth: Hello I buy a new laptop acer. I cannot connect to my own wifi, other are ok. And when I tey to pair with bluetooth my phone said we cannot connect but the laptop said pairer.. Anybody can help me. Thank you very much....
  8. Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.

Network / wifi problems with my new laptop.: Hello guys I just started using my new laptop, I connected it to my home Wi-Fi network and had no problem doing so, but after using it for about 2 minutes, the laptop stopped receiving internet. I thought it was a problem with the router, so I checked my tablet that it was...
  9. HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.

HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.: I've got an HP Envy. I recently added a wifi extender and the HP is unable to detect it or my wireless printer never could. Every other device in the house has no problem detecting or connecting to either. It has no problem with the main router connection, it connects there...
  10. No WiFi connections detected on laptop

No WiFi connections detected on laptop: Hi, I am just having some trouble with my laptop, because when I open the network bar, it shows no Wi-Fi networks show at all, I can't even turn off or on the Wi-Fi, it is frustrating me quite a lot. Here are my specs: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz...