Windows 10: Problem Connecting to Windows Update

Discus and support Problem Connecting to Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Initially, I tried to check for updates around 7 A.M. and have tried several times since ... all unsuccessful. My internet connection is fine. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TexasBandit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Problem Connecting to Windows Update

Initially, I tried to check for updates around 7 A.M. and have tried several times since ... all unsuccessful. My internet connection is fine. I have attached the error screen. Is there an issue with Windows Update?

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Jan 31, 2019

2. Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 apps connection problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with connecting to internet from Windows Store apps, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you were able to see and error code along with the error message?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 31, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Problem Connecting to Windows Update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problem Connecting to Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Problem Connecting to Windows Update

1. Problem Connecting to Windows Update - Similar Threads - Problem Connecting Update

2. Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems: After installing the KB5029263 update I am experiencing multiple connectivity issues. Both machines described below had the KB5029263 update installed and are on the same network.* RDP to another machine on the same network frequently disconnects, with connections often...
  3. Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems: After installing the KB5029263 update I am experiencing multiple connectivity issues. Both machines described below had the KB5029263 update installed and are on the same network.* RDP to another machine on the same network frequently disconnects, with connections often...
  4. Problem with wifi connection after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with wifi connection after update: [ATTACH] Hello everyone!, After de installation of the 20H2 update of windows 10 I'm having a problem with the wi-fi connection, basically I can't connect to any network and it says "Checking Network Requirements" and then it just stop the connection. I tried in other...
  5. Internet connectivity problem post-Window updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connectivity problem post-Window updates: I'm not a tech-savvy person but I really need help. My wifi icon keeps getting randomly disappeared and I cannot access the wifi even though it's working fine on my smartphone. When I run a diagnose, the result is always 'ethernet not plugged in.' So, I tried many methods...
  6. JustCamit connection problem since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JustCamit connection problem since update: I cannot connect justCamit since I had updatecan someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/justcamit-connection-problem-since-update/4a4fa81a-60a5-4dac-ac12-5897ac429ca8
  7. Problem Connecting to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Connecting to Windows Update: Initially, I tried to check for updates around 7 A.M. and have tried several times since ... all unsuccessful. My internet connection is fine. I have attached the error screen. Is there an issue with Windows Update? Thanks 126390
  8. No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem: Hello all! After Update my windows to latest version 1809, when I power on my laptop and want to use internet using the browser, it says "No Internet Connection" and it doesn't work, like when I have no internet !! after that I had to Restart my windows to fix it! every time...
  9. Windows 10 Update 'couldn't connect to the update service' problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update 'couldn't connect to the update service' problem: When I run Windows 10 Update check, I get a message that says 'couldn't connect to the update service'. I tried running 'sfc /scannow' which was all OK, and I removed the 'Windows\Software Disrtibution' folder, but no luck. I also tried the 'Windows Update' troubleshooter...
  10. Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?: I currently own a Sony MP-CL1 Pico Projector. This is based on the same technology as the Celluon PicoPro (same laser diode). My laptop connected to the projector last month completely fine, and I had no problems using screen mirroring. However, one day, the function...