Windows 10: Problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again.

Discus and support Problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am having trouble connecting to my Microsoft account. When in settings an error message appears at the top of the screen which states;... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Poommiss, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Poommiss Win User

Problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again.

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble connecting to my Microsoft account. When in settings an error message appears at the top of the screen which states;

"There was a problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again."

The issue is that I am connected to the internet via ethernet cable, to add to this when trying to use the Microsoft Store app, an error message appears stating;

"You'll need the internet for this." error code 0x800704cf

An issue I believe that is related to this is that the Xbox Beta app will not allow me to sign in to it, instead just refreshing the page every time I attempt to do so and sometimes it doesn't even respond at all.

All of my programs and my computer itself are all up to date, and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox Beta app numerous times along with several attempts using Powershell commands to try and fix both problems, but nothing has worked.

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

Poommiss, Jul 31, 2020

2. Error: 0x80072EFD, "Check your Internet Connection and try again" while trying to connect to internet from Windows Store apps

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

As the above troubleshooting steps couldn't resolve the issue, let me assist you further.

Step 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Link: Microsoft
    Account troubleshooter

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

• Corrupt Microsoft Account settings
    • Can’t connect to the sync service
    • Problems with Microsoft account Policy
    • Microsoft Account required
    • Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues
    • Problem with system registration
    • Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled
    • You are not connected to the Internet
    • Proxy Settings
    • You have reached your daily sync quote
    • Sync your settings is turned off
    • Check system not activated.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Error: "Try a different photo, we cant access this file at the moment, check your internet connection and try again" on Photos app, Windows 10

Hello Wayne,

We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

As re-installing the Photos app couldn't resolve the issue, this might be an account issue. Let us try to fix the issues with user account and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Link: Microsoft
    Account troubleshooter

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

• Corrupt Microsoft Account settings
    • Can’t connect to the sync service
    • Problems with Microsoft account Policy
    • Microsoft Account required
    • Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues
    • Problem with system registration
    • Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled
    • You are not connected to the Internet
    • Proxy Settings
    • You have reached your daily sync quote
    • Sync your settings is turned off
    • Check system not activated.

Step 2: Mean while I also suggest you to install the Windows Updates as suggested in my first post.

I would like to inform that Windows Updates are released in phases and it might take time for all the users to receive the updates

Hope it helps. Update us the status of this issue for further assistance. We will help you with this issue.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
  4. oily_17 Win User

Problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again.

internet connection problem- help

If the desktop downstairs is running XP Pro as well,I would check all the setting on it are the same as on yours.

Start in Network Connections and check everything step by step.

If you goto Start >> Run and type CMD

Then type- ping (your router ie:192.168.1.1)

are you able to ping your router?

oily_17, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem connecting to your Microsoft account. Check your internet connection and try again. - Similar Threads - Problem connecting Microsoft

2. Try connecting your device again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Try connecting your device again: I got a new game on my computer and wanted to use my Xbox controller to play. but for some reason or another, my controller won't connect to my pc. it keeps saying "try connecting you device again." So i did what anyone would do in my position, i went to Youtube. i fallowed...
  3. Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again: hi when i try to install an .exe i get this error but the connection is ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-error-please-check-your-internet/04690f69-bad1-44e6-bff3-7c09ac8fd84a
  4. Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again

Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again: hi when i try to install an .exe i get this error but the connection is ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-error-please-check-your-internet/04690f69-bad1-44e6-bff3-7c09ac8fd84a
  5. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  6. Checking your connection to Microsoft

Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  7. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again.: I am trying to sign in to my Microsoft account on the app store and through apps and I see this message. I am connected to the internet and able to search the web. Can anyone assist with troubleshooting? Thanks! Moved from: Office My account, billing and sign-in...
  9. "download failed : please check your connection and try again"

"download failed : please check your connection and try again": For example, I downloaded an application that uses an internet connection. after that I installed the application, but failed and the notification "Error code: [0X82000015]" almost all applications that use internet connection, I can not use it. help please .........
  10. OneNote "We were unable to create your notebook. Check your internet connection and try again."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneNote "We were unable to create your notebook. Check your internet connection and try again.": Hello, recently I have started school and one of my teachers told me to start using OneNote. So I already had it downloaded and my internet is connected but every time I try to make a notebook is says "We were unable to create your notebook. Check your internet connection and...