Windows 10: Problem copy / open files from network

Discus and support Problem copy / open files from network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning to you, a colleague informs me that when opening some excel files saved on the network drive, he detects problems. Deepening, I notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chandler1408, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Problem copy / open files from network

Good morning to you,

a colleague informs me that when opening some excel files saved on the network drive, he detects problems. Deepening, I notice this behavior: I copy the file from the network drive to the desktop, the copying procedure is "completed", the file disappears.

The behavior is the same with the various types of excel files that do not open (not all of them). Even when trying on other network drives, the operation is identical.
    Copying files between two network drives is successful.

I tried disabling offline file synchronization, checking user account control, windows firewall, elevating the user as a local administrator, with no success.

I have tried with the user on another windows 10 workstation always in the same domain and under the same policies and I have not encountered any problems.

I can't find any messages in the logs.

:)

chandler1408, Jan 7, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jan 7, 2020
  4. jaydeee Win User

Problem copy / open files from network

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Problem copy / open files from network :)

jaydeee, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Problem copy / open files from network

1. Problem copy / open files from network - Similar Threads - Problem copy open

2. Problem copying files from mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem copying files from mapped network drive: I just did a fresh Windows 11 pro reinstallation on an MSI GS76 laptop with an Intel i9 11th Gen CPU and 32 GB of RAM. I have four network servers mapped as drives. One of the mapped drives will not copy files from the mapped drive to the C: drive on the laptop- i get an...
  3. Problem copying files from mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem copying files from mapped network drive: I just did a fresh Windows 11 pro reinstallation on an MSI GS76 laptop with an Intel i9 11th Gen CPU and 32 GB of RAM. I have four network servers mapped as drives. One of the mapped drives will not copy files from the mapped drive to the C: drive on the laptop- i get an...
  4. Opening and copying files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening and copying files: Im trying to open a file from my USB and states "The destination file could not be created" and when trying to copy it I get the error code 0x80004005: Unspecified error with the following message: "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to...
  5. Opening and copying files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening and copying files: Im trying to open a file from my USB and states "The destination file could not be created" and when trying to copy it I get the error code 0x80004005: Unspecified error with the following message: "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to...
  6. Cannot Copy Batch Files from Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Copy Batch Files from Network Drive: I've got a strange problem that I can't find others reporting online. I am unable to copy a batch file from a network drive on Windows 10. However, it works in a few corner cases, but I can't figure out what the pattern is that allows it to work, nor what's causing it to fail...
  7. Cannot Copy Batch Files from Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Copy Batch Files from Network Drive: I've got a strange problem that I can't find others reporting online. I am unable to copy a batch file from a network drive on Windows 10. However, it works in a few corner cases, but I can't figure out what the pattern is that allows it to work, nor what's causing it to fail...
  8. Intermittent Problem copying files across my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Problem copying files across my network: I'm having a bizarre problem copying files from one of my networked computers to other computers on the network. Here are the details: I have four computers on my home network, as follows: 1. A home built PC running Windows 10 Home (see system spec in my profile). 2. An...
  9. Problem copying file to desktop - System has file Open?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem copying file to desktop - System has file Open?: I'm trying to copy a ripped movie file (iso) from my G drive to desktop. The file is 45GB. It gets to 99% then a message comes up saying the process can't complete because the System has the file open. I have nothing running and can't find anything where the System is...
  10. Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?: .exe files in particular won't copy from my Downloads folder to another drive? It says something like " Do you wish to Copy with missing files? " Thanks 49175