Windows 10: Problem creating bootable CD

Discus and support Problem creating bootable CD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having an issue creating a bootable CD. I created a System Repair Disk via the "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" (which an odd title in itself).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rigsby, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Rigsby Win User

Problem creating bootable CD

I'm having an issue creating a bootable CD.

I created a System Repair Disk via the "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" (which an odd title in itself). After the initial creation looking at the disk in File Explorer shows files/folders and it has a label. Upon trying to boot from it, it just goes into Windows normally and in File Explorer the contents of the CD are empty.

Just to make sure, I created an Easus emergency disk (bootable). It (said it) successfully created it and after writing it, ejected the disk. I popped it back in and it was a blank disk. Strangely however, upon inserting the same disk into my laptop it shows a bootable disk complete with files & folders.

I eventually made an Easus emergency disk on a flash drive. That worked fine.

Windows 10 PRO v2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Is it just a bad CD writer (I don't use it a great deal and it's a relatively new PC) or is something else occurring ??

Any ideas would be welcome.

:)

Rigsby, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Sep 8, 2020
  4. GIGGLA Win User

How to make boot cd without bootable iso?

I've have tried many times and wasted dozens of cd's trying to make a bootable cd. The bootable cd I am trying to make is two files from the internet -a video card bios file and a flashing utility. I tell nero to burn the files does'nt work. I tell it to make a bootable cd but that does'nt work either. I also tried making the files into an iso then burning "does'nt work". I tried telling nero burn iso image to disc still not working. Also tell it burn image and make bootable disk won't work lol. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated thanks.

GIGGLA, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem creating bootable CD - Similar Threads - Problem creating bootable

2. creating bootable cd/usb drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating bootable cd/usb drive.: How do you create a bootable cd/USB drive in windows 10 or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-bootable-cdusb-drive/9d71be61-a696-496a-9b75-d5cd792e0208
  3. Creating a CD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a CD: Hello I cannot find a category for Windows Media, so I am just posting it here. Am I correct in saying that to create and burn a music CD in Windows Media Player only allows me to play that CD in a Windows environment? If so, how would I create a CD whereby I can play it in a...
  4. Windows 10 64 bit: cannot create bootable CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64 bit: cannot create bootable CD/DVD: I have attempted to create a bootable DVD but W10 on my laptop cannot recognise the media, nor does it display the DVD drive in Explorer. I understand this is a frequent problem since Windows no longer supports Media Player? How do I create the boot disk?...
  5. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: I am going to be using a Clickfree backup drive as a Windows 10 bootable drive. [img] Does the bootable mage need to be burned onto the drive or can the file just be copied? 128448
  6. How to create a bootable CD in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create a bootable CD in windows 10: Must be old school, but is there a way to create a CD in Windows 10 that is bootable. All the discussions that I have found talk about the ISO file for windows 10. I have a laptop that has an enterprise version of windows 7 on it, and I want to do a clean install of windows...
  7. How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?: Hi! I have on CD small system which at computer start boots into. So, when I want to access this OS, I must to have always CD in drive... I want to leave CD away and create from this bootable partition on harddisk and will have access to OS directly without CD.. Is it...
  8. How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?: Hi! I have multi-OS computer and own one Live CD which boots at computer start if I select Boot from CDROM. I want to work without CD - make it like installed system. It is not problem of copying content of CD to harddisk partition, problem is for me to make it bootable....
  9. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD: Hi my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option. The setup is to boot to the DVD drive first but it does not happen. I believe there is a technique for W7 but it seems...
  10. How to Copy Bootable CD

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Copy Bootable CD: Hello, So I used to use Nero in Win7 to duplicate my backup CD's and Bootable utilities like MemTest etc. But Windows 10 made me remove Nero as not compatible. So how to duplicate my Data Backups and Bootable utility CD's in Windows 10 please? I know there are lots of...