Windows 10: Problem creating differential back up with Macrium

Discus and support Problem creating differential back up with Macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to create a differential back up with Macrium but when i go to My Back Up Definition Files I dont see the last full back up that I created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bartjunited, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Problem creating differential back up with Macrium

I am trying to create a differential back up with Macrium but when i go to My Back Up Definition Files I dont see the last full back up that I created on 05/09/18 to enable me to create a differential.

see attached pic

what have I done wrong?

:)

bartjunited, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Stitch194 Win User

Macrium Problem??

Of late, I haven't experience any problems with Macrium imaging, it selects all 4 partitions for imaging. I actually deselect my data partition as I create a separate daily differential image for my data. As suggested, I would reinstall MR.

Stitch194, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Creating a new differential backup after a restore

Can I create new differential backup after restoring an existing one? Let’s take the following backup set as an example:

00 – Full Backup
    01 – First Differential
    02 – Second Differential
    03 - Third Differential

If I restored to the second differential backup, could I then create a new differential backup and continue the set? What would happen to the third differential backup (03 above) if I did that? I am using the free version of Macrium Reflect 7.1.

radiowaves, Sep 6, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Problem creating differential back up with Macrium

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Problem creating differential back up with Macrium [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Problem creating differential back up with Macrium

1. Problem creating differential back up with Macrium - Similar Threads - Problem creating differential

2. Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?: I replaced my hard drive, same size. So I cloned it. Can I do a differential backup based on a full image of the original drive using the clone? Using Macrium Reflect Free Edition as my backup software. 181683
  3. Problem with Macrium Reflect Back up times.

Problem with Macrium Reflect Back up times.: Hi everyone having a problem with macrium backup. I have it set to do a image full backup every day (and have done this for years) Usual time for this was approx 16 minutes. Never had a problem, and have lost count of the times it has got me back on the road in times of...
  4. Problem with Macrium Reflect Back up times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Macrium Reflect Back up times.: Hi everyone having a problem with macrium backup. I have it set to do a image full backup every day (and have done this for years) Usual time for this was approx 16 minutes. Never had a problem, and have lost count of the times it has got me back on the road in times of...
  5. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  6. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  7. Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. Macrium Reflect free allows 4 differential backups per full backup. If I have a full backup and 1 differential backup and I want to make a second differential backup, does it matter if I make it from the 1st differential backup or from the full backup? Thanks in advance...
  8. Have I got my Macrium differentials right?

Have I got my Macrium differentials right?: I have a file that I have set up to be backed up Full once per week, with 4 Differential backups during the week. The Full and the Diffs are set to be retained (I assume for that week). Please see the attachment. [img] This obviously means that there will be a Full backup...
  9. install macrium back-up

install macrium back-up: last night i reset my computer to as new when bought condition and i forgot i had the macrium backup, is it still possible to use the back-up and get everything back from three weeks ago? all programs that were not on the computer when bought are gone. all help and info...
  10. Macrium Reflect Incremental/Differential Curiosity

Macrium Reflect Incremental/Differential Curiosity: Is there any way to see what changed between the most recent image and the previous image? I see the file size increase nearly daily when I have not always made any major changes to my system. I know Windows saves new logs daily, but sometimes the change is 10GB+ after...