Windows 10: Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos

Discus and support Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used the new Photos app that comes with Windows 10, and spent hours and hours creating a new video using photos on my computer. I included a variety... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanMuller1, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos

I used the new Photos app that comes with Windows 10, and spent hours and hours creating a new video using photos on my computer. I included a variety of features including 3D images, etc. When I completed the video in Photos, it seemed to create a good MP4 video file. That video file was viewable on my HP laptop. But when I tried to burn that MP4 video onto an external DVD, again it seemed to burn the file OK, but when I inserted that DVD into two different DVD players (one was a blue-ray, and one was an older DVD player / recorder), but players gave a message of 'unsupported'.

Any suggestions?

:)

DanMuller1, Dec 3, 2019

2. Photos App and creating a CD/DVD

Response to "answer" given on related question #2:

Burning photos to a CD Disc

"We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open Windows Media Player.
    2. In the Player Library > Burn tab > select Burn options.
    3. Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    4. Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    5. Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    6. When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list."

While I can view the photos I want to burn to a CD in the Photos App, I can not view all of them in the File Explorer Pictures Library. Windows Media Player is using the File Explorer Pictures Library.

jdmuratore, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Create DVD of photos -- update

Hi,

Please write to us with the following details.

• Are you able to play/open DVD which you burn on other computer?

• Do you get any error when the DVD fails to play on a different computer?
    Ideally if you create a Data DVD using the steps given in the link below you can play it on all the devices. Follow the steps given under the section
    Burn a data CD or data DVD of the link given below.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

Write to us with the asked details so that we can assist you further.

PranavMishra5582, Dec 3, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos

1. Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos - Similar Threads - Problem Creating DVD's

2. Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and now the Edit & Create button no longer exists in MS Photos. I have checked that Windows is fully updated and there is no reason I can see for it. The file is on my PC's drive and not One Drive. Any ideas how to fix as I am regretting...
  3. Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and now the Edit & Create button no longer exists in MS Photos. I have checked that Windows is fully updated and there is no reason I can see for it. The file is on my PC's drive and not One Drive. Any ideas how to fix as I am regretting...
  4. DVD doesn't appear in Win10, I've done everything MS suggests. MS created the problem, why...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD doesn't appear in Win10, I've done everything MS suggests. MS created the problem, why...: Three different dvd's, including a portable, don't work on any of the three different computers running Win 10. I've tried every solution MS suggests, none of which work. The drives don't appear in File Explorer. They do in Device Manager, uninstall/install doesn't help...
  5. Problems in MS Photos

Problems in MS Photos: Hi: Why am I suddenly getting a 0 byte videofile after making a mp4 file in MS "Photo"? It has worked before. Tobbe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-in-ms-photos/3e8e53b8-3f78-41ce-89e6-9c1ca679b8eb
  6. Photos App and creating a CD/DVD

Photos App and creating a CD/DVD: I would like to create a CD with photos on it. There are a few ways that I already know how to do this, but they all rely on File Explorer (see my other question for why this isn't a solution for me right now). I have some old CD burning software on my computer that works...
  7. save/create a video to dvd from windows photo app

save/create a video to dvd from windows photo app: want to create a DVD from video file created in photo. no option to create/save it in app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/savecreate-a-video-to-dvd-from-windows-photo-app/8d30a578-b6c8-48ea-a8f7-6a218b8d37c1
  8. Creating a DVD Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating a DVD Menu: Is it possible to create a menu when burning a DVD with 3 video files onto it using the built-in Microsoft DVD burning tool? I want people to be able to click on the video they want to see. Thanks....
  9. MS Photos select and white out a part of an image.

MS Photos select and white out a part of an image.: Hi. We do a lot of cropping with MS Photos but would really like the ability to "white out" a part of an image. I know we can do that in MS Paint and Paint 3D but does anyone know if that is possible in Photos? Thanks....
  10. Create Photo problem for sign in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create Photo problem for sign in screen: When I click on the Browse button to find a photo to use for my sign on page, nothing happens. Any suggestions? I've attached a screen shot of the Settings page I am referring to. Browse Button does not work. 35250