Windows 10: Problem creating new account

Discus and support Problem creating new account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to create a local administrator account. The process seems to complete - both the Control Panel's User Accounts and the Setting's Accounts... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pokeefe0001, May 13, 2016.

1. Problem creating new account

I am trying to create a local administrator account. The process seems to complete - both the Control Panel's User Accounts and the Setting's Accounts see this new user, but the userid is not available for use. No new folder is created under the Users folder, etc. I've tried creating (and deleting and recreating) the account using both the Control Panel function and the Win10 Setting function. I've restarted Windows in between creation and deletion just in case that mattered, but that didn't help. The account I'm trying to create is not password protected, but just for grins I tried creating a password protected account. Same negative results. What am I doing wrong?

:)

pokeefe0001, May 13, 2016

2. Problem with creating new account in windows

Hi Parvinder,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive an error when you try to create an account. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to enable the built in administrator account for Windows 10:

Refer to the link to boot into safe mode with command prompt.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Type the following command and press enter.

net user Administrator /active:yes

Restart the computer to login to administrator account.

You may create a new user account and check if the issue occurs in the new user account.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

2. Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

3.Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.

4. Once this is done, login to the new user account and check if the issue occurs in the new user account.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 13, 2016
  3. Problem with creating new account in windows

Hello,

I tried the above mentioned steps. I logged into Administrator account with safe mode. But when I logged into the account I got System Warning "Unknown Hard Error" message. And nothing works after that.

I am getting pissed off with all the solutions you guys are providing. Is there any straight or simple solution exists using which I can create another account ? and get rid of all these problems.

I mean I am not asking much, I just want to create another user accounts and I am getting into so much trouble. I did biggest mistake by upgrading to Windows 10 ...

PARVINDER PALSINGH, May 13, 2016
  4. Problem creating new account

I was wrong. The other accounts were created but well hidden. And stuff like User folder apparently isn't created until the new user actually logs on. It looks like if multiple users are not password protected, the active user at shutdown gets "logged on" at startup. and to switch to a different user you have to click on the current user's name at the top of the Start menu. I'm sure this makes sense to someone at Microsoft, but it seems a bit strange to me.

pokeefe0001, May 14, 2016
Thema:

Problem creating new account

1. Problem creating new account - Similar Threads - Problem creating account

2. create a new outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a new outlook account: how to delete a outlook email account on my personal account and create a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-new-outlook-account/5a227dbd-9a6a-489d-8dca-f4d2052b1a65
  3. create a new outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new outlook account: how to delete a outlook email account on my personal account and create a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-new-outlook-account/5a227dbd-9a6a-489d-8dca-f4d2052b1a65
  4. Can’t create a new account

Can’t create a new account: Why can’t I create a new account? I need to in order to still have access once my school closes this one but every time I try to make one, it asks me to verify a phone number and continuously says “we cannot send a text to this phone number.” I’ve tried putting in two...
  5. Creating a new Micrsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a new Micrsoft account: For some time, I've had problems with the "Microsoft Ultimate Word Games" MUWG app; the app simply will not sync with my Microsoft account. I've had this problem for several years across several machines running Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows 11. BTW, I've also had this...
  6. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  7. Create New Admin Account

Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  8. Problem Creating New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Creating New Microsoft Account: I am trying to create a second Microsoft Account. I have gone through the steps of creating my new user-id and password without problem. When I click, in order to create the account, it shows the status bar moving as if it is creating the account. It continues like this...
  9. Problem Creating New Microsoft Account

Problem Creating New Microsoft Account: I am trying to create a second Microsoft Account. I have gone through the steps of creating my new user-id and password without problem. When I click, in order to create the account, it shows the status bar moving as if it is creating the account. It continues like this...
  10. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...