Windows 10: Problem Deleting a Folder

Discus and support Problem Deleting a Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home. The last update was applied yesterday. I am trying to delete a folder. Onedrive has a problem with the folder name note... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by j0e5d4i9, Feb 13, 2020.

1. j0e5d4i9 Win User

Problem Deleting a Folder

I am running Windows 10 Home. The last update was applied yesterday. I am trying to delete a folder. Onedrive has a problem with the folder name note the red X below. I can search and find the folder on my PC. See first image. When I try to delete it I get. See second image It seems to me that Windows is contradicting itself. Does anyone have an idea for getting rid of this folder? Thanks for your help.

Problem Deleting a Folder 6f0c001f-ee51-475b-b34d-5043f642739f?upload=true.jpg

Problem Deleting a Folder 43920df2-9bca-46a8-b650-5a178ff0b549?upload=true.jpg

:)

j0e5d4i9, Feb 13, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Problem Deleting a Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Problem Deleting a Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 13, 2020
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Problem Deleting a Folder :(

lyndonguitar, Feb 13, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem Deleting a Folder - Similar Threads - Problem Deleting Folder

2. Problems Deleting Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems Deleting Folders: Since I started using OneDrivee I noticed I have a huge number of folders that are empty. I always had some Empty folders but now I have many more. It may not be related to OneDrive but it started at the same time.. I can probably find the files I am looking for in 1Drive but...
  3. Deleting a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a folder.: I can't delete a folder because a pop-up window says it is open in another program but I don't have any other programs open that I know of. Neither Dell nor Carbonite Support can remove this folder. Does anyone have a solution... or explanation? Thanks...
  4. Deleting a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a folder.: I can't delete a folder because a pop-up window says it is open in another program but I don't have any other programs open that I know of. Neither Dell nor Carbonite Support can remove this folder. Does anyone have a solution... or explanation? Thanks...
  5. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder: So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10. I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in win 10 partitioning the drives during booting up your system After that, I tried taking all my files in downloads folder to...
  6. Problem Deleting folder from my desktop

Problem Deleting folder from my desktop: So I have this folder created on my desktop unfortunately it has all the Windows-based folders in it like Program Files and all that. Created by user Mayur, I am the user, also the Admin, its a Personal computer, But everytime I try deleting the folder, I get the Pop up...
  7. Problem deleting deleted folder

in Browsers and Email
    Problem deleting deleted folder: I am using Outlook.com live and have a problem when deleting emails from the deleted folder. For example if I have 75 mails in the deleted folder when I right click and instruct it to empty that folder it proceeds to start deleting all of the inbox mails as well. Any help...
  8. Folder deleted

Folder deleted: I accidentally clicked CTRL+Z and my picture folder was deleted. Any idea on how to recover it? It was just barely downloaded and I didn't even have a chance to back it up before the slip up. Any support is welcome!!...
  9. Problem with unwanted folder deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion: I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their...
  10. Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive: I've been backing up some of my stuff on OneDrive, and today, when I tried to rename one of the folders on OneDrive I got an error message saying that the path was too long. I clicked No/Cancel/Whatever-it-was-called thinking that it would abort the rename. Instead, OneDrive...