Windows 10: Problem deleting Internet temp Files

Discus and support Problem deleting Internet temp Files in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I go to control panel and then storage, under Internet temproray Files, it shows 3.5GB. When I try and delete it, Windows has a message saying it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10today, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Problem deleting Internet temp Files

When I go to control panel and then storage, under Internet temproray Files, it shows 3.5GB. When I try and delete it, Windows has a message saying it will delete it and to be patient, but it does not delete anything. Boot up the computer again and it still shows 3.5GB.

If I use the disc clean up tool, it only will delete 245MB in the temporary folder. Is there an easy and simple way to delete these files? I have a very small hard drive and need to keep this folder empty otherwise it's going to bog down everything.

My browser delete temp files when closed, but it seems windows 10 keeps them.

:)

win10today, Jan 28, 2017
  2. TedS# Win User

Disk Cleanup Problem

Reply to Angel Obm

Have the same problem. No error experienced when running disk cleanup or CC Cleaner -- except cannot delete padlocked Temp Internet Files. Windows +R> %temp% and manually navigating to folder where temporary internet files ae stored does not work. Oddly,
    there are no files shown in the storage folder. However, on Disk Cleanup, there are 145 MB of Temp Internet Files. All users show same 145MB of temp internet files. Booting to safe mode does not solve problem.

Standing by for your assistance. Thanks

TedS#, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    to delete internet temp files

Open Internet Explorer, tap the ... in the bottom right corner>Settings>delete internet history.

Entegy, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Problem deleting Internet temp Files

I did use CCleaner and the temp folder still shows about 3GB. Is that maybe how it is supposed to be? Maybe someone could look at their temp folder after using ccleaner and see how much it still shows? To get there I used Settings>Systems>Storage>This PC and then scrolled down to Temporary Files to see what MB or GB is displayed next to it.

win10today, Jan 28, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Jan 28, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You can (and should) go one step deeper. Click on Temporary Files to see a breakdown of what it includes. You will find that your Downloads folder is part of that total. That's where I suspect the majority of your 3.5GB resides.

7. Is it safe to uncheck the "Delete Temp Files After 24 hours" box?

win10today, Jan 28, 2017
  8. Problem deleting Internet temp Files

I tried that and Downloads Folder is 0 bytes and so is the Recycle Bin folder. After using CCleaner, that 3.5GB went down to 2.7GB after I unchecked the box that said to delete files 24hrs or older. Still odd to have 2.7GB sitting on there isn't it?

win10today, Jan 28, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Try running Disk Clean-up and click the 'Clean up system files' button, you'll find more things it will let you clean up. You may find that can remove your mysterious 2.7GB.

10. Disk clean did not delete the 2.7GB but that file does not seem to grow anymore so I might have to just give up on that one for now. If it started growing again, then I will focus on it more I guess.

win10today, Jan 29, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Try Windows key + R and type %temp% and press Enter. I delete everything in that Folder about every couple of weeks but not all things will delete, still being used by Windows or programs.

Berton, Jan 29, 2017
  12. %temp% showed up as empty!

win10today, Jan 29, 2017
  13. Berton Win User

Problem deleting Internet temp Files

I just posted something following another thread here so will get it and post for you.

If one wants to see all the IE temp files go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache, You'll have to change the Folder to show Protected Operating System files but be sure to set it back.

Berton, Jan 29, 2017
  14. Thanks. INetCache does not show up even when I tick the box to view the hidden files.

win10today, Jan 30, 2017
  15. Berton Win User
    There's a line down a bit that says words to the effect of Protected Operating System that also needs unchecking, just put it back when done.

Berton, Jan 30, 2017
Thema:

Problem deleting Internet temp Files

1. Problem deleting Internet temp Files - Similar Threads - Problem deleting Internet

2. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp. Internet Files: Have 32 MBS of Temp. Internet files that won't delete no matter what I try. Started about a month ago, even CCleaner won't empty it , which it always did before..Can it be from a recent App. install? Ran antivirus several times and nothing...Disk Cleanup does nothing...
  3. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp. Internet Files: Have 32 MBS of Temp. Internet files that won't delete no matter what I try. Started about a month ago, even CCleaner won't empty it , which it always did before..Can it be from a recent App. install? Ran antivirus several times and nothing...Disk Cleanup does nothing...
  4. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  6. delete temp internet files windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete temp internet files windows 10 21H2: Cannot delete temp internet files any suggestions have tried disk clean up, and ccleaner and mcafee tracker remover.nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temp-internet-files-windows-10-21h2/b7ccc6eb-5905-431c-95e8-2ca3fb2e9f88
  7. delete temp internet files windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete temp internet files windows 10 21H2: Cannot delete temp internet files any suggestions have tried disk clean up, and ccleaner and mcafee tracker remover.nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temp-internet-files-windows-10-21h2/b7ccc6eb-5905-431c-95e8-2ca3fb2e9f88
  8. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  9. deleting temp internet files and disk defrag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting temp internet files and disk defrag: Hi How do I delete temp internet file and do a disk defrag, I bought my laptop from a pawn shop. and for some reason I cannot do this I I also cannot download anything from the internet at all. please help I have never had this problem before. also I have never owned this...
  10. Delete Temp Internet Files

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Temp Internet Files: I have read I guess all over the net how to delete temp internet files, I have tried everything inc CCleaner nothing seems to work, and I notice that people have written from about august 2015. Am using a new dell xps 8900 desktop with win 10 pro, am I right to think there...