Windows 10: Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4

Discus and support Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to fix the MBR on Windows Surface Pro 4 so as to install a fresh copy of windows 10 . Any Ideas how to go about this ? Just so you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaburmester, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4

Hi,

I am trying to fix the MBR on Windows Surface Pro 4 so as to install a fresh copy of windows 10 . Any Ideas how to go about this ?

Just so you know I am running into issues as if It seems like hard drive is locked and every time I try and do a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4 it fails.

I have tried removing all partitions and have same issue.

If I boot into recovery USB, go to CMD and try

• Bootrec /rebuildbcd
    • Bootrec /fixmbr
    • Bootrec /fixboot

I get fixboot access denied error.

All I want to do is reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

Thank you for all help.

:)

jaburmester, Aug 20, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4 :)

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4

1. Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - Problem doing clean

2. windows 10 pro clean installation problem...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 pro clean installation problem...: Hello.well,i have a weird problem when i trying to do a clean install of windows 10 pro from dvd media...shows a message that says:the media drivers your computer needs is missing every time i try to install it.so if there is any workaround for this error instead of using usb...
  3. Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.: I have a Surface Pro 4 i5, 4GB running Windows 10 1809 and I was wondering if I can install Windows 10 2004 without having any issues? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-2004-on-surface-pro-4/a8ef6acf-e4df-4891-a46a-d491d7659d25
  4. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  5. Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4

Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4: I am trying to fix the MBR on Windows Surface Pro 4 so as to install a fresh copy of windows 10 . Any Ideas how to go about this ? Just so you know I am running into issues as if It seems like hard drive is locked and every time I try and do a clean install of Windows 10 on...
  6. Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro: My cursor starts to flash and is difficult to use when it is flashing. It appears it has something to do with a transparent Semi Circle that appears in the upper part and slightly above the right end of the taskbar. If, using my finger, I touch the screen within the semi...
  7. Corrupt Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: Hi- I have a Surface Pro 4 and I am having serious problems with logging into Windows 10 (1803): Login screen comes up. I enter my password and click the go button. I get a message "Windows is Preparing" and I get the spinning circle for about 3 to 4 minutes. Finally,...
  8. Surface 4 pro Windows 10 2018 update audio problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Surface 4 pro Windows 10 2018 update audio problem: My audio keeps randomly going to 0. Have turned off WIFI, Bluetooth, unhooked keyboard, and nothing seems to stop it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-4-pro-windows-10-2018-update-audio-problem/03116a1d-7b90-4066-88b6-79079c06a929"
  9. Clean install W10 on Surface Pro

Clean install W10 on Surface Pro: While clean installing W10 on Surface Pro, the following message was returned. Pressed Windows key but nothing happened. The bootable USB install drive was created by Media Creation Tool from MS. I also tried Recovery USB drive created from the Surface Pro machine but the...
  10. Surface Pro 4: The impact of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro 4: The impact of Windows 10: It's not exactly a secret that Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 has been selling well; the brand hit a billion dollars for the first time last year. With the Surface 3 now on sale, all eyes are turning towards the Surface Pro 4. When you think about when the Pro 4 will be...