Windows 10: Problem Downloading/Installing Windows Mail & Calendar App

Discus and support Problem Downloading/Installing Windows Mail & Calendar App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am currently running Win 10 Insider Preview 17882 Latest build. it seems that Windows Mail & Calendar App is not automatically downloaded and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jm44jg39, Nov 25, 2018.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Problem Downloading/Installing Windows Mail & Calendar App

I am currently running Win 10 Insider Preview 17882 Latest build. it seems that Windows Mail & Calendar App is not automatically downloaded and installed with build 17882. I'm not sure about earlier builds. I use Mail & Calendar on another computer with Windows 10 Pro and it works fine. I would like to use the app on my main computer that is running Preview build 17882. I have the UAC set to medium protection but when I go to Windows Store and attempt to download the app, after Windows Store has put the app into my basket, I try to complete the purchase but NOTHING HAPPENS. I have run SFC, DISM utilities, etc and still no success. Also have run WS reset and the windows troubleshooter.*Sad

:)

jm44jg39, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Problem Downloading/Installing Windows Mail & Calendar App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 25, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem Downloading/Installing Windows Mail & Calendar App - Similar Threads - Problem Downloading Installing

2. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  3. Microsoft Windows Mail and Calendar App problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows Mail and Calendar App problem.: Hi, For some time I have problem with mail application. When I open Mail application and type keyword in search box and press Enter, Mail application show me match mails below. When i press any one of them they start dissapearing and list get's empty. that I can repeat...
  4. Mail and Calendar app. problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app. problem: Q. Will the Mail and Calendar app run on Windows 10 pro Insider preview build 18334? I can't get the app to install. Thanks! 127026
  5. Calendar and Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  6. Problems with Mail and Calendar App

Problems with Mail and Calendar App: I cannot access my email. Have gone to the Settings and the App permissions for Email is set to Off and is grayed out so I cannot change it. I have reset the App multiple times but it did not help the problem....
  7. Problem with mail and calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with mail and calendar: I’ve updated my Surface laptop to April 2018 Windows 10 update. Now my email and calendar don’t function so smoothly as before this update. How can I solve it out?...
  8. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  9. Problems with Mail & Calendar App

Problems with Mail & Calendar App: We have been using the Mail & Calendar app for our users on LINX1010 devices, the email address's are setup through exchange and work fine when I send the devices out. However I am getting a number of users calling me to say there is a problem with the app and that they're...
  10. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

Calendar, Mail and Store app problems: Calendar and Mail app don't work: I click on their icons. Nothing happens. The system is able to launch Store, I have several app updates that are pending, but when I try to download them I get an error as response (download seem to work, while installation don't). I tried...