Windows 10: Problem downloading to My Documents on Windows 10

Discus and support Problem downloading to My Documents on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last week and before if I went to a website I could download a file direct to My Documents in Windows 10. From today 31 March 2020 I cannot directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter749, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Peter749 Win User

Problem downloading to My Documents on Windows 10

Last week and before if I went to a website I could download a file direct to My Documents in Windows 10.

From today 31 March 2020 I cannot directly download to My Documents.

I can download to the Downloads folder or I can download to another drive

If I save the file to Downloads folder and then try to move it to My Documents I have to give Administrator Permission to move the file

But I'm the Administrator

I don't know why the computer has started doing this and I don't know how to fix it

Any suggestions please

Peter

:)

Peter749, Mar 31, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem downloading to My Documents on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem downloading Documents

2. Downloads Is Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Is Documents: I don't know what I did but the downloads folder is the same as the documents, I've been trying to fix it for 2 hours but I've accomplished nothing... Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-is-documents/478db130-b902-40a2-8084-44cc4c326e21
  3. Download and My Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download and My Documents: Hello,I have a problem with windows 10,My Downloads & My Documents.location seem to always be updating and merging with each other.I have a folder on my Drive D for my documents called "documents"and a folder on my Drive F for my downloadswhen ever i set any of the windows...
  4. Download and My Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download and My Documents: Hello,I have a problem with windows 10,My Downloads & My Documents.location seem to always be updating and merging with each other.I have a folder on my Drive D for my documents called "documents"and a folder on my Drive F for my downloadswhen ever i set any of the windows...
  5. Download and My Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Documents and Downloads

Documents and Downloads: Where have all my Documents and Downloads gone? There are only a few left from 2018. Window 10 recently undated after many failed attempts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-and-downloads/26e9d0bb-3401-453a-82fc-6c5eb24dd4c9
  7. Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files

Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files: I am running Windows 10 and have done all the updates per schedule. I accessed an Excel file on June 7th, turned the computer off as we were gone for 2 days and now when I got back on June 9th, I get an error message on all document files and downloaded files - "Windows...
  8. Problem when using "Save as" on a download document

Problem when using "Save as" on a download document: I updated Windows 10 yesterday and since the update I have been having an issue when using save as on documents that I am downloading. I have seen the issue with my Quick Books software, Chrome and other applications. I select download from within the application that I...
  9. Downloading documents

Downloading documents: Since the last Windows update, if I download a document, it saves it as a web page link rather than as a pdf document on my computer. I can't save as or print to pdf. I don't know what's going on. I thought it was my avg as it was opening things in an avg browser. I got...
  10. Downloaded documents

Downloaded documents: I run W10. When I had W7 Pro I could "Save As" and poke the web doc / page etc. straight to my selected folder; but now that option doesn't appear, and stuff goes straight to the "Download" folder (which I NEVER look at, as it's irrelevant) thus necessitating an extra step...