Windows 10: Problem Downloading Win10 onto my Win8.1 PC

Discus and support Problem Downloading Win10 onto my Win8.1 PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have just bought Windows 10 to download onto my PC. I have 39.5GB available on my 'C' drive but after the download completes it mentions 'partition'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mel_10, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Mel_10 Win User

Problem Downloading Win10 onto my Win8.1 PC

Have just bought Windows 10 to download onto my PC. I have 39.5GB available on my 'C' drive but after the download completes it mentions 'partition' and not enough space and won't install. I am not really very computer savvy but before I get in a professional...I wonder if I am missing something. I have 16.0GB Ram and my Processor is 3.50GHZ

:)

Mel_10, Mar 6, 2019
  2. ZoulJay Win User

Upgrade from win8 to win10

I have already upgrade from win8 to win10 before 29 July 2016. After that my HDD is broken, I have to install windows on my new SSD. I use same key which I use to upgrade from win8 to win10 to install win8 (Niow it's 8.1). Today, I want to upgrade win10
    and I have some question.

1. Is there a upgrade directly from win8.1 to win10 ??

2. Can I use my win8 key to install win10 using windows10 installation media (with clean installation).

Thanks

ZoulJay, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Win8 to Win10

Your reply is not helpful. Are you an employee of Msoft? In spite of your condescending suggestion, I was able to go back to Win 8 thereby eliminating the bugs and instablnessability of Win10. Exception being the way Msoft trys to sneak 10 onto my Win8
    updates. Well I fixed this **** too by turning off the irritating updates.

Take a hike.

ThomasBillRay, Mar 6, 2019
  4. BunnyJ Win User

Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

Question,.,, how is Win10 a backward step?? You do lose the start screen but there was an outcry when the start menu disappeared in Win8/Win8.1..

BunnyJ, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem Downloading Win10 onto my Win8.1 PC - Similar Threads - Problem Downloading Win10

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?: Hello - There's a Windows 8 app I use a great deal on a laptop of mine, but it's no longer an app and not available in the Windows Store (the app still works great on the laptop, even though it's not in the Store). I got a new laptop and would like to use the app, but since...
  5. win10 download problems

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 download problems: hi guys , any help offered will certainly be appreciated .in my win 10 desktop i virtually cannot download / open / install any new program / file etc . in the attachment you will see the file i want to open etc is there ok , paypal-shopping-cart php , when i click it to...
  6. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  7. Trouble downloading itunes onto my PC

Trouble downloading itunes onto my PC: I can't find itunes anywhere on my PC so I tried to download it and it says I have it, then it gives me this message: " Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device...
  8. Devices no longer appear on "This PC" after upgrading Win8 to Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices no longer appear on "This PC" after upgrading Win8 to Win10: My external hard disks , and one MP3 player (all USB devices) are no longer recognized, nor appear on "This PC", after I upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 OS. Other devices, such as my Android phone USB connection still works well. I made sure that the "Automatic download...
  9. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux: Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact...
  10. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 from win8 1