Windows 10: Problem downloading WMM 12?

Discus and support Problem downloading WMM 12? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to add Windows Movie Maker 12 to my new Windows 10 Laptop. On the Microsoft page it says I can and it's 'included in the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ouroboros72, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Problem downloading WMM 12?

I'm trying to add Windows Movie Maker 12 to my new Windows 10 Laptop.

On the Microsoft page it says I can and it's 'included in the Microsoft Essentials 2012 program suite' but when I try to run the download exe, I always get the following message;

X Restart your computer

Please restart your computer and try reinstalling again

I've tried that to no avail, same message everytime.

Could the issue have anything to do with the Cyberlink stuff, like Powerdirector 12 which came pre-installed?

:)

ouroboros72, Dec 11, 2015

2. Lumia 950 Wifi connection issues

In my case the problems disappear when disable WMM Wi-Fi router. I think that is a problem of compatibility of the implementation Wi-Fi WMM of the Microsoft Lumia 950 dual in my case.

Jose Luis Llv., Dec 11, 2015
  3. Tyrel Win User
    my windows phone store downloads are very slow

Possible Solution:

Ok, since last time I spent quite some time investigating this issue, and accidentally found the source of the problem. It doesn't fix the general error, but can be considered an useful workaround:

The extreme slowdowns are present on a 802.11n WiFi network with the Windows Phone devices, causing slow downloads from the Store and some other applications (e.g.: streaming videos), while maintaining normal speeds during other activities, like browsing.

The root cause of the problem is WMM. I couldn't find any details how it affects Windows Phone and how it could be fixed, other than disabling it completely, but I got to this solution by accidentally stumbling across the same issue while reading about
    IPhones. Both platforms suffer from this: if your N network has WMM enabled, certain applications encounter serious data transfer issues. If you disable WMM on the access point, the problem goes away and the phone will have full bandwidth.

The problem with the above is, that certain networking drivers, e.g.: the drivers of Intel Centrino based WiFi solutions in notebooks simply ignore the fact that an N type WiFi network could exist without WMM. As soon as you disable WMM your notebook will not
    be able to connect to your WiFi network with an "unknown" reason. This is at least as much Intel's problem (not being able to write an useful driver) as much it is Microsoft's problem that Windows Phones are useless with WMM enabled N WiFi networks (note that
    Android devices, Notebooks and other similar stuff do not suffer from such slowdown issues when WMM is enabled, so the problem is not on the router's side).

An alternative would be to revert your WiFi network to 802.11g, which (as long as Intel's drivers are concerned) could exist without WMM, allowing your notebook to connect and also allowing your phone to use the full available bandwidth, however that bandwidth
    will be limited to 54Mbps in this case...

Note that I have no experience about the above with 802.11ac networks.

Tyrel, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Problem downloading WMM 12?

1. Problem downloading WMM 12? - Similar Threads - Problem downloading WMM

2. Window 12 download link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 12 download link: Window 12 Downloading linkWhich website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-12-download-link/91f1c4f8-2d20-4e86-bb44-14c5f09dfc26
  3. Window 12 download link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 12 download link: Window 12 Downloading linkWhich website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-12-download-link/91f1c4f8-2d20-4e86-bb44-14c5f09dfc26
  4. DirectX 12 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    DirectX 12 Problem: Hello . I have a problem . When i start Crysis 3 Game si its not starting Error : You need a DX11 capable GPU to play Crysis 3 can you help me please Sorry for my BAD ENGLISH...
  5. problems with direct x 12

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with direct x 12: when I play dead by daylight or forza horizon 4, the games are working fine when i'm not in the game, when i'm in the game the games freezes. I played fortnite, don't blame me, in the settings is an option for directx 11 and directx 12, when i choose the directx 12, the game...
  6. Problem to be updates on 12/12/2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem to be updates on 12/12/2018: Hi There, Windows 10 running slow Internet after last update on 12/12/2018 goes to website but very slow at loading site YouTube and others !!!! [ATTACH]...
  7. Why isn't Photos like WMM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why isn't Photos like WMM?: Hello, i was wondering, why is it that when i create videos in Photos, it doesn't let me edit my way, like WMM did. Photos like is a slideshow application, it's not a video editor to me. Can't like yall make another Microsoft Video Editor, or yall too lazy to do that?...
  8. Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1

Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1: I'm working in Windows Movie Maker 6.1. I want to lengthen the time of fade in to white and fade out to white. I'm going into Tools > Options > Advanced and increasing the time in Transition Duration to 5 seconds, but it seems to have no effect on new projects. Did I miss a...
  9. WMP 12 problem.

WMP 12 problem.: Has anybody ever had this happen while watching a movie on WMP 12? I am running the latest Windows 10 update. Version 12.0.15063 [img] This anomaly comes and goes quickly (only a few frames then back to normal) on what seems to be scenes with a lot happening. It took me...
  10. Direct X 12 problem?

Direct X 12 problem?: I have one program that isn't displaying. The only thing I have found is when testing Direct X 12 is though it says every thing tests OK the green bar on page 1 doesn't move from the center and if I get it to collect information this also only gets 1/3 of the way over. Is...