Windows 10: Problem during update

Discus and support Problem during update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing a windows update this afternoon and my laptop froze while the computer was closing apps in the background. I evenually did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MickeyLew, Apr 30, 2020.

1. MickeyLew Win User

Problem during update

I was doing a windows update this afternoon and my laptop froze while the computer was closing apps in the background. I evenually did a control/alt/delete to restart it and now it wont boot up! The laptop is powered on but I have a black screen for the past 2 hours...

please help!!!

:)

MickeyLew, Apr 30, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 30, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problem during update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Problem during update

Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Problem during update

1. Problem during update - Similar Threads - Problem during update

2. Problem during autentication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem during autentication: Good morning,In my Win11 home PC I notice a psw is required to open a program, but I don't have a password set.Usually I simply push "OK" since no psw is set.This time i get the error. What can I do?...
  3. Problem during autentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem during autentication: Good morning,In my Win11 home PC I notice a psw is required to open a program, but I don't have a password set.Usually I simply push "OK" since no psw is set.This time i get the error. What can I do?...
  4. Problem facing during type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem facing during type: Dear Sir / Madam,I am a regular user of MS odia indic language.in special two words i.e. Paitha & Nahin where as in first word it did not reflect ai matra on p & for second word i need to type naa then hin to complete the word nahin .Please look into & suggest.regards,Sudhir...
  5. Problem facing during type

Problem facing during type: Dear Sir / Madam,I am a regular user of MS odia indic language.in special two words i.e. Paitha & Nahin where as in first word it did not reflect ai matra on p & for second word i need to type naa then hin to complete the word nahin .Please look into & suggest.regards,Sudhir...
  6. Computer won't boot up, seems to be a problem during update

Computer won't boot up, seems to be a problem during update: When I boot up my computer, an i7 notebook from HP out of warranty, it fails and takes me to the trouble shooting menu. It's got 16 Gb RAM, 500 Gb SSD, i7 6th Gen, and an Nvidea graphics card.I tried running the startup diagnostics, but it fails to run. I ran the BIOS...
  7. Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?: Hello,I posting to see how medium to large organizations that utilize bitlocker are able to not worry about updates or upgrades with bitlocker.Is there a common management process that allows for this to function consistently? Can updates / upgrades be automated with...
  8. Problems found during Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems found during Troubleshooting: I had the unthinkable happen; I spilled coffee on my laptop. It turns on when I push the button, but when I try to find an internet connection, I get the following message: "The IntelR Ethernet Connection 4 1219-LM adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related...
  9. Booting problems during a update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting problems during a update: I was manually installing the 1909 update and in the middle of it shut down and didn't continue the update and I couldn't find windows, users, or perflogs in the directory. I've also tried making a media installation flash drive and it continued the download to 71% and shut...
  10. A problem with the keyboard during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem with the keyboard during games: My keyboard ceases to function whenever i actually play a game. Before i wiped my pcs data out of exstence this problem never occured until now Like there isnt any lag in the game and I can still use my mouse and move the character around with just that but the keyboard on...