Windows 10: Problem ejecting hard disk

Discus and support Problem ejecting hard disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have been using my laptop for 2 years now And I have an external hard disk I was even using that for a while now on my computer But recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Asmeet007, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Asmeet007 Win User

Problem ejecting hard disk

Hi

I have been using my laptop for 2 years now

And I have an external hard disk I was even using that for a while now on my computer

But recently when I plugged in my hard disk and after using it when I clicked on eject

This message poped up

The application\device\harddiskvolume3\windows\system32\searchindexer.exe is preventihg this device from being stopped. Close the applicatian and then try to stop the device again.

After that I thought it's a virus so in the evening I purchased an antivirus software and scanned the hard disk and dint even used it dint opened any folder from that hard disk after the scan was completed I again rejected the hard disk but same message appeared

I even tried few more methods of ejecting it but same message kept on popping up

And after ejecting manually I was using my computer and after a while I face a blue screen

With a code : kernel_mode_heap_corruption

What should I do

Is it a malware?

:)

Asmeet007, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

An error occured while ejecting

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed in
    problem ejecting USB mass storage device
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jun 13, 2020
  3. disk eject

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The eject option is still available in Windows 10. Are you referring to DVD drive or USB drive?

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Get back with updated status. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Problem ejecting hard disk

An error occurred while ejecting 'Removeable Disk (E)'

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 and my optical disk (DVD drive) will no longer eject when I select the 'eject' function from the pop-up menu. When I select 'eject', I get the error message listed in the subject line. I've uninstalled the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    and the DVD device itself - shut down the PC and then rebooted. I still get the same error message. The optical drive is model hp DVDWBD TS-LB23L. When I do Properties on the drive, it states the drive is working properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Neal O'Connor, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Problem ejecting hard disk

1. Problem ejecting hard disk - Similar Threads - Problem ejecting hard

2. hard disk problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk problem: i was using my pc with 2 hdd disks after i instilled windows 10 pro againbecz some problems after installing it shows only 1 of them i can't see the other hard even in disk manager but i can see it in bios plz help + the hard works fine in another pc...
  3. Problem with Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Hard Disk: My PC has 2 drives, an SDD which holds all Windows files and an HDD with all other files. Games, photos, documents, etc. I recently formatted my HDD to clear space and start from a clean drive, and wanted to reinstall some of the games I used to have there. But after I've...
  4. Problem with Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Hard Disk: My PC has 2 drives, an SDD which holds all Windows files and an HDD with all other files. Games, photos, documents, etc. I recently formatted my HDD to clear space and start from a clean drive, and wanted to reinstall some of the games I used to have there. But after I've...
  5. Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use: Why doesn't the laptop want to eject external drives / USBs and keeps saying they are in use even though i just plugged them in? Is there a way to eject them safely that does not require me to shutdown the laptop or turn off the antivirus?...
  6. Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use: Why doesn't the laptop want to eject external drives / USBs and keeps saying they are in use even though i just plugged them in? Is there a way to eject them safely that does not require me to shutdown the laptop or turn off the antivirus?...
  7. Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk: hi guys, version 1909 18363.900 so i have the "better performance" option enabled for my hard disk but recently there's no way i can just click eject and remove the hard disk, it's happening ALL the time. I went into event viewer and it seems to be process 6164,...
  8. Problem ejecting hard disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem ejecting hard disk: Hi I have been using my laptop for 2 years now And I have an external hard disk I was even using that for a while now on my computer But recently when I plugged in my hard disk and after using it when I clicked on eject This message poped up The...
  9. Problems ejecting a portable hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems ejecting a portable hard drive.: i have a solution for the problem with ejecting external hard drives this has worked for me on my windows 10 computer. when typing use lower case letters and leave out the brackets . i have use capital letters in parts so it is easier for all people to understand. i will...
  10. i can't eject my hard disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i can't eject my hard disk?: it keeps telling me that it is still in use even though i've closed all running programs. has happened constantly and every time i need to eject it i use the "diskpart" command. what could be the issue and is it okay if i continue doing this? submitted by...