Windows 10: Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

Discus and support Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; *REPOST Hi there, I have a 1 TB Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive which is almost 4 months old. A few days ago, when I tried to use the safely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ashitosh Prasad, May 21, 2020.

1. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

*REPOST

Hi there, I have a 1 TB Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive which is almost 4 months old. A few days ago, when I tried to use the safely remove feature I got the error message

"Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device"

"This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again"

I pressed OK and closed all open windows and applications and still got the same error message.

Then I searched around the internet for a solution, but to vain. Then I opened up the Device Manager and went to the found my hdd under disk drives and on the Policies tab, saw that my hdd was defaulted to quick removal, which wasn't the case all this while as I always used the safe removal feature. So I clicked on the second option to write cache and use the safe removal thing. To my surprise, it actually worked.

Alas, the problem didn't go away and the next time the same thing happened. I got the error message.

I dug around Device Manager and in the events of my HDD, a event says something about "device not migrated".

I am thinking it could be the problem, but I have no idea what to do. I also have the "Feature update to windows 10 version 1909" pending and am also thinking an update could help, but I don't know if the 1909 update is safe.

Someone please help.

:)

Ashitosh Prasad, May 21, 2020
  2. slance310 Win User

USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device

Hi,

I just checked an older Seagate 4TB USB 3.0 drive, and it is also showing the "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device"...

slance310, May 21, 2020
  3. Ariel- Win User

ok will do!

any idea why it's identified as "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device" ?

Ariel-, May 21, 2020
  4. Ariel- Win User

Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

hi there,

i have an external segate USB 3.0 hard drive.

when i am connecting it to my PC (either to a usb 3/regular port) for some reason it is recognized as a "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device"

I installed of course all of my drivers including the chipset.

here is screenshot from device manager;

Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device 242fd35c-c248-42ef-9c54-0b9331574bd4?upload=true.png

i read on some post that i should try to right-click "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device" -> Update driver -> Browse my... -> Let me.. -> and then choose from the list "mass storage device".

unfortunately i don't have that option.

Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device 71cf21e8-0561-4110-8229-21e30209b043?upload=true.png

-i tried to uncheck the "Show compatible hardware" still no other options..

any idea why?

Thanks !

Ariel-, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

1. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device - Similar Threads - Problem Ejecting USB

2. Error message - another "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device" in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message - another "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device" in...: Neither of two external disk drives will eject from my Windows 10 laptop but both will eject from two other Windows 10 laptops. All laptops are current for updates. Error message is "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device" see screenshot. I have followed...
  3. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Hi the community,I need help. I recently bought a Seagate Iron Wolf USB 3.0 When I plug it to one of my USB 3.0 port of my Asus Rampage IV Extrem, the HDD is recognized and works fine. But when I restart the computer or go to sleep mode and awake the computer, it is not found...
  4. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Alright this thread will be used for internets great minds that pry on Microsoft looking to upload their brain power not for Microsoft to reply with standard stuff. Now it is a question and a plea for help is I'm at a roads end. *******Lets Begin, okay so im using a middle...
  5. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Alright this thread will be used for internets great minds that pry on Microsoft looking to upload their brain power not for Microsoft to reply with standard stuff. Now it is a question and a plea for help is I'm at a roads end. *******Lets Begin, okay so im using a middle...
  6. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.: Hello, I've been having issues with an external USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure, it's been disconnecting mid-download and sometimes mid-installation on my laptop.I have, somehow, boiled it down to the Mass Storage Device driver I think. Within testing, I was able to somehow...
  7. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.

USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.: Hello, I've been having issues with an external USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure, it's been disconnecting mid-download and sometimes mid-installation on my laptop.I have, somehow, boiled it down to the Mass Storage Device driver I think. Within testing, I was able to somehow...
  8. USB attached SCSI UAS mass storage device

USB attached SCSI UAS mass storage device: Window found the driver but do not I installing due to encountered error plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-attached-scsi-uas-mass-storage-device/14abd0a9-522d-47c0-b50c-8c090159e377
  9. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Hi there, I have a 1 TB Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive which is almost 4 months old. A few days ago, when I tried to use the safely remove feature I got the error message "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device" "This device is currently in use....
  10. USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device

USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device: hi there, i have an external segate USB 3.0 hard drive. when i am connecting it to my PC (either to a usb 3/regular port) for some reason it is recognized as a "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device" I installed of course all of my drivers including the chipset....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem ejecting usb scsi uas mass storage device