Windows 10: Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361

Discus and support Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Running w10 home. After applying KB5026361 May patches, I am not able to eject a USB drive. I've ended everything with the same result. When I look at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nut Rangers, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361

Running w10 home. After applying KB5026361 May patches, I am not able to eject a USB drive. I've ended everything with the same result. When I look at event 225 in event viewer, it says the process prohibiting the eject is process 4 - which is ntoskrnl.exe - one I cannot end. Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts on a workaround/fix?

:)

Nut Rangers, Jun 7, 2023

2. Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

Best to ask Google like so. You'll get lots of instant answers to this non-trivial question:

Problem ejecting USB mass storage device

Frederik Long, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Problem Ejecting UBS Mass Storage Device

Hi,

You may click this
    link
    and check the post of Ajay K on March 24, 2011 to resolve your problem in ejecting USB mass storage device.

Hope this helps.

Marilou Ser, Jun 7, 2023
  4. zbook Win User

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361

Problem ejecting USB mass storage device

Three USB devices were used to transfer files from one computer to another.

Each was an open of file explorer then copy and paste into one drive.

One drive and file explorer were each closed.

How come the Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device displayed this device is currently in use?

What needs to be closed so that a reboot is not required?

zbook, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361

1. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361 - Similar Threads - Problem Ejecting USB

2. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361: Running w10 home. After applying KB5026361 May patches, I am not able to eject a USB drive. I've ended everything with the same result. When I look at event 225 in event viewer, it says the process prohibiting the eject is process 4 - which is ntoskrnl.exe - one I cannot end....
  3. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361: Running w10 home. After applying KB5026361 May patches, I am not able to eject a USB drive. I've ended everything with the same result. When I look at event 225 in event viewer, it says the process prohibiting the eject is process 4 - which is ntoskrnl.exe - one I cannot end....
  4. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  5. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: I have been a Windows user for my whole life... starting sometime around 20 years ago I noticed that occasionally when connecting an external HDD with USB, Windows will refuse to safely eject the device even though there are no programs using it that I know of and no open...
  6. problem ejecting USB mass storage device

problem ejecting USB mass storage device: hi there: I received an error when trying to eject my portable drive. It states the error message in the screenshot. I can't find what program or programs/windows. How can I tell what is it? I don't have any thing opened and I still got the error message. It seems like I...
  7. cannot eject usb mass storage device

cannot eject usb mass storage device: Hi, I am using windows 10 in a dell desktop. I cannot eject usb mass storage device. With all programs closed I am told "this device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device. with everything closed this still comes up. How can I...
  8. Problem ejecting USB mass storage device

Problem ejecting USB mass storage device: Three USB devices were used to transfer files from one computer to another. Each was an open of file explorer then copy and paste into one drive. One drive and file explorer were each closed. How come the Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device displayed this device is...
  9. Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 News
    Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The standard procedure to eject a USB drive, or for that matter any external media is to select the option “Safely remove hardware and eject media” from the Taskbar menu. However, at times while trying to eject the media through [...] This post Problem...
  10. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: It is getting to the point where every time I leave a USB device plugged into my computer for more than 5 minutes, when I try to eject it, I get the INCREDIBLY annoying message: “Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device. This device is currently in use. Close any programs or...