Windows 10: Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use

Discus and support Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The standard procedure to eject a USB drive, or for that matter any external media is to select the option “Safely remove hardware and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use

WinClub, Mar 25, 2019

2. Problem Ejecting UBS Mass Storage Device

Hi,

You may click this
    link
    and check the post of Ajay K on March 24, 2011 to resolve your problem in ejecting USB mass storage device.

Hope this helps.

Marilou Ser, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

It is getting to the point where every time I leave a USB device plugged into my computer for more than 5 minutes, when I try to eject it, I get the INCREDIBLY annoying message: “Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device. This device is currently in use.
    Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again.”

The computer OBVIOUSLY knows what is accessing the device, so WHY DOESN’T IT IDENTIFY IT??????? Finding this out should be as easy as pushing a button – so WHY IS THIS SO HARD????? None of the procedures that are offered on this forum in response to this
    problem are working (restarting Explorer.exe in Task Manager or changing the Policies tab doesn’t fix it for me or anybody else who asks about this, and the USB device troubleshooter is just like all other Windows diagnostic/repair programs – worthless; it
    never finds anything), and not a single response EVER addresses the issue of why the program “accessing the device” ISN’T IDENTIFIED, FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!!

Forgive the all caps, but BOY am I sick of reading the same worthless “fixes” for this problem over and over and over, none of which work for me or anybody else.

SammyBee_8, Mar 25, 2019
  4. KevH123 Win User

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi there:

I have a Seagate USB portable drive and I mainly use it to connect to my ASUS Oplay! media player to watch the content on TV.

This device use to be an USB mass storage device.

Recently, I noticed whenever I eject my seagte portable drive, the device is showing as ""USB attached SCSI mass storage device" instead of a regular "USB mass storage device". This is when my media player stopped recognising the portable drive (showing
    the device is not supported). The portable drive works fine on my Windows 10 PC, just not recognising by my media player anymore.

Wondering if anyone can point out how I can restore my portable hard drive back to a generic USB mass storage device instead of being a "USB attached SCSI mass storage device".

Thank you.

KevH123, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use - Similar Threads - Problem ejecting USB

2. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device after KB5026361: Running w10 home. After applying KB5026361 May patches, I am not able to eject a USB drive. I've ended everything with the same result. When I look at event 225 in event viewer, it says the process prohibiting the eject is process 4 - which is ntoskrnl.exe - one I cannot end....
  3. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...: I have tried the following:1. Ran Anti Virus2. Turned off all security software3. I've tried Task manager, Disk Mgmt, and Device Manager.4. I ran Autoruns, Handle, and Process Explorer-not finding any files being used by USB Drive.I have 1 Sandisk with MP4's, 1 Cruzer with...
  4. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...: I have tried the following:1. Ran Anti Virus2. Turned off all security software3. I've tried Task manager, Disk Mgmt, and Device Manager.4. I ran Autoruns, Handle, and Process Explorer-not finding any files being used by USB Drive.I have 1 Sandisk with MP4's, 1 Cruzer with...
  5. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  6. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: I have been a Windows user for my whole life... starting sometime around 20 years ago I noticed that occasionally when connecting an external HDD with USB, Windows will refuse to safely eject the device even though there are no programs using it that I know of and no open...
  7. problem ejecting USB mass storage device

problem ejecting USB mass storage device: hi there: I received an error when trying to eject my portable drive. It states the error message in the screenshot. I can't find what program or programs/windows. How can I tell what is it? I don't have any thing opened and I still got the error message. It seems like I...
  8. cannot eject usb mass storage device

cannot eject usb mass storage device: Hi, I am using windows 10 in a dell desktop. I cannot eject usb mass storage device. With all programs closed I am told "this device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device. with everything closed this still comes up. How can I...
  9. Problem ejecting USB mass storage device

Problem ejecting USB mass storage device: Three USB devices were used to transfer files from one computer to another. Each was an open of file explorer then copy and paste into one drive. One drive and file explorer were each closed. How come the Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device displayed this device is...
  10. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: It is getting to the point where every time I leave a USB device plugged into my computer for more than 5 minutes, when I try to eject it, I get the INCREDIBLY annoying message: “Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device. This device is currently in use. Close any programs or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eject mass storage currently in use

2. problem ejecting usb attached scsi this device is currently in use