Windows 10: problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7

Discus and support problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After downloading updates , I get the screen that says that Mobile Intel 4 Series express chipset not compatible with the computer. Windows 10 will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportflyer, Sep 17, 2018.

1. problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7

After downloading updates , I get the screen that says that Mobile Intel 4 Series express chipset not compatible with the computer. Windows 10 will not display correctly .

What should I do next? click confirm to continue? This display is 1600X900.

Please advise .

:)

sportflyer, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7

1. problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7 - Similar Threads - problem encountered during

2. Windows 10 re-activation issues when upgraded from Windows7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 re-activation issues when upgraded from Windows7: Hello All, We face this issue with the second original Dell machine, which was purchased with Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10 in the free period. There were no hardware changes to the PC and after using them with Windows 10 for several years the re-activation would...
  3. Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Whilst I was attempting to upgrade an old computer ( HP G72-227wm) from Windows 7 to Windows 10 , I received a warning message indicating that the laptop display chipset ( Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset ) is no longer supported and that the display won't be correct ....
  4. Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10: Good day! I need an advise regarding upgrading windows7 to windows10. I have a server where I save the windows10 to be deploy and I have around 200 users which is already had a windows 7 and needs to upgrade into windows 10. This users had a back up files . The steps i...
  5. Windows encountered a problem.....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows encountered a problem.....: My integrated web cam has stoped working and displays a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. When I try and update the driver i get a "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" "USB video device" "Access is denied". The device does...
  6. windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 Problem

windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 Problem: Hello, ive tried upgrading through windows update - installation got to 100% then it rebooted back to 8.1 .... Ive used the ISO creator and tried to upgrade - gets to 100% then says "installation failed"... Ive disabled my nvidia video card - uninstalled antivirus -...
  7. Windows7 missing from computer

Windows7 missing from computer: *chuckle So I installed windows 10 on a second hard drive in my HP computer, Big Deal. So when I open the computer to see the disks, it shows win 10 Partition with the reserved Partition also, however for the windows 7 disk it only shows the reserved Partition, the...
  8. Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10

Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 8 I did try to upgrade to windows 10 and it started downloading. It got to 12% and i closed the lid, when i opened the lid it was still at 12%, then after about an hour it was still at 12% I shut down and again once the computer had...
  9. Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Please Help! I have license for Windows 7(32 Bit),but I have unofficially upgraded to 64bit ( means pirated ) by formatting the hard disk. Is there anyway so that I get Windows 10 update 8485
  10. How to remove old unused files from windows10 (upgraded from Windows7)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove old unused files from windows10 (upgraded from Windows7): Hi TenForums Team!!! i have Dell Inpiron 3420 Laptop. Windows7 Home Basic was my built-in OS. Now i have upgraded it to Windows10 Home Edition. Now i have left less space in my C-drive. So i want to delete unused files, folders from C-drive. please guide me. and i also want...